Vegan Barbecue can be easy if you have the right tools at hand. I think there is hardly a topic that is more cliché than that of the Barbecue . Most associate it with grilled meats, Bread and a handful of side dishes Salads . The supermarkets pave the way for the quick grilling pleasure and offer ready marinated steaks for a small price. Currently, much comes to the surface about the “pigs” in the meat industry and many people want to get away from cheap meat. I’m sure I don’t have to explain that to you as a reader of this blog. If only because you are reading these lines, I know you are dealing with the issue. Basically I am the positive writer and try to highlight unpleasant topics only rarely and on the sidelines. Positive vibes, that’s my motto . However, there are phases and topics where I can’t look away anymore and that’s why I’m writing this article right now. I will dedicate it to all people who are open to change and who want to try vegan , animal-free grilling would like to try. I hope I can give you a few tips and tricks and especially wonderful dishes to hand, for a successful culinary evening alone, with friends or family.
At Barbecue is all about the preparation. It can get hectic when guests are arriving and you want to whip up a full barbecue menu. This includes grilled, side dishes, snacks and a refreshing dessert. All recipes , which I present in this post, are perfect to prepare. You can prepare a lot the night before and store it in the fridge, or a few hours before the big bash.
TIP: In the July issue of “ACTIVE BEAUTY” – the online magazine of DM Austria – you will find an interview with me on the subject of grilling. Just click here to go directly to the online issue (page 28/29).
Ideas for vegan barbecue – here you go
At the moment I very often see vegan substitutes on the
and we had a mixed vegan barbecue platter from a large discount store on our plate just yesterday. I’ll put it this way, it’s better. That’s why I want to save you the long search for good products and have created a short and crisp list of the best “grillable” substitutes. I have not judged these products on their health value or their life cycle assessment. The only thing that matters here is taste. Note: Tastes are different, so it may well be that you call my favorite sausage rather “naja”.
Here are my TOP5 grill substitutes when things need to go fast.
- Beyond Meat Burger , extremely good grillable, tasty top and super texture *seen at Metro & Aldi
- Taifun Grill Veggie-Bratwurst and Röstbräterle, for me the best sausages for grilling, besides organic and a top sustainable company *seen at Alnatura
- Taifun Feto-Pruducts for all who want vegan “sheep cheese” from the grill *seen at Alnatura
- Peace Burger from Vosko based on pea protein, supr tasty and good grillable *seen at REWE
- Alberts lupine vevapcici and roasted sausages *seen at Alnatura
There are certainly some great products that I have never tried. Do you have any other tips for ready-made meat substitutes for the Grill ? I look forward to your comments at the bottom.
The best vegan barbecue recipes
Let’s get to the most important section in this post and that is the homemade dishes for the perfect grilling experience.
Einfacher veganer Kartoffelsalat
Tomato Mozzarella (Caprese) vegan (15 minutes)
Vegan Caesar Salad
Salad with roasted fennel and white beans
Salat mit Tamari Pilzen
Sahniger Apfel-Karotten Salat
Orientalischer Salat mit Aprikosen & Kichererbsen
Cremiger Fleischsalat mit Jackfruit
Nudelsalat mit Cashew-Tomaten Pesto
Einfacher 3-Bohnen Salat
Salat mit cremigem Hanf-Tomatendressing (ölfrei)
HOW TO MAKE veganes Fladenbrot
veganes Naan Brot (How-to Guide)
- Simple vegan potato salad
- Tomato mozzarella vegan
- Vegan Caesar Salad
- Salad with roasted fennel and white beans
- Salad with tamari mushrooms
- Apple and carrot salad
- Oriental salad with apricots & chickpeas
- Creamy meat salad with jackfruit
- Pasta salad with cashew tomato pesto
- Creamy pasta salad with cucumber
- Simple 3 beans salad
- Salad with tomato hemp dressing
- Make vegan flatbread yourself
- Homemade vegan naan bread
Die beste vegane BBQ Sauce
Cremige Cashew Majo
Käsiger Nacho Dip (vegan, laktosefrei)
6-Zutaten Tzatziki (vegan, laktosefrei)
Kräuterbutter selber machen
Tofu-Gemüse Spieße (vom Grill)
Kräuerseitling Spieße (für Grill oder Pfanne)
Austern Pilz Steak für den Grill
Seitan Burger (zum Grillen)
Auberginen Filets für den Grill
Knusprige Tempeh Spieße mit Erdnussbuttersauce
Gegrillte Maiskolben mit Chili Majo
Jackfruit Burger (grillfreundlich)
Gegrillte Weißkohl Steaks mit Chimichurri Linsen
- Herb mushroom skewers for the grill
- Oyster mushroom steak for the grill
- Seitan Burger (for the grill)
- Aubergine fillets
- Crispy Tempeh Skewers
- Grilled corn cobs
Bananen Nicecream Neapolitan Style
Fruchtiges Erdbeer Sorbet
Schoko Mousse (2 Zutaten)
Einfaches Veganes Tiramisu
Erfrischender Wassermelonen Mocktail
- Nicecream “Neapolitan Style
- Strawberry sorbet
- Chocolate mousse (2 ingredients)
- Bounty tart
- Simple vegan tiramisu
- Watermelon mocktail
VEGAN GRILLING GENERAL TIPS & TRICKS
Finally, I’d like to give you a few more tips & tricks to help you cut a great figure at plant-based BBQ.
- no matter what vegetables you grill, they will always develop a more intense flavor . The reason for this is that water evaporates and the naturally contained sugars are caramelized.
- Vegetables are naturally low in fat, so they can dry out more easily on the grill. I always keep a small bowl of oil and a silicone brush next to the grill. This way I can re-oil while grilling.
- Incidentally, the oil also ensures that the heat in the vegetables is better conducted and they are grilled faster and more intensively. Like to use a high heat oil with a high smoke point. This includes all frying and baking oils, the so-called “high oleic” variants. Please rather avoid cold pressed oils, because the unsaturated fatty acids oxidize quickly and even toxic by-products can be formed.
I hope very much that you like one or the other Recipe like and wish you in advance a successful barbecue fun.
You have questions, suggestions or general feedback about the Recipes ? Then feel free to write me in the comments. I look forward to hearing from you.
BE HAPPY. BE HEALTHY. GRILL VEGAN.