It‘s hot, very hot! For days it has been around 30 degrees and I would love to jump into a cool lake in the morning. What that does not work? Oh come on, where are they good news. They are coming now, because today we have my favorite summer cocktail, ah sorry mocktail. Why Mocktail? Because in this drink there is not a drop of alcohol, but only good things that hydrate you and provide the best nutrients. But in this delicious drink is much more that will do you good. Curious now? Then read on with pleasure.
A refreshing vegan watermelon mocktail
The main ingredient for this delicious mocktail is watermelon, which I have completely taken to my heart. It is sweet, refreshing, makes instead of and ensures thanks to its high water content that you always stay well hydrated. Add to this Strawberries which provide an even more fruity note. I use frozen strawberries, so the summer drink is really nice and ice cold. If you like, you can also use frozen watermelon pieces and make a non-alcoholic Magaritha. Now we just need a little tad of acid, and we get it from the juice of a lemon. For healthy sweetness, add a little maple syrup. That’s it!
SUPERFOOD for inner beauty? … Watch out!
There’s one more thing I forgot to mention, superfoods! I love it and use it for almost every occasion. Today I decided to use the CHACA INNER BEAUTY powder. It consists of 100% pure fruit powders from valuable berries, without any other additives or fillers. It’s a wonderful way to enhance smoothies, cold dishes, or raw snacks with really high levels of essential nutrients.
Now I’ll tell you what exactly is in the mix:
The best superfoods for healthy skin, strong nails and radiant skin provide you with valuable antioxidants, essential fatty acids and vitamins.
In addition, not only the superfood, but also the watermelon itself is extremely healthy:
- consists of 90% water
- rich in vitamin C and provitamin A
- contains the carotenoid lycopene (has a strong antioxidant effect and protects against free radicals)
Back to our mocktail! Besides the ingredients, all you need is a good blender, smoothie glasses and straws. Since our planet is already choking on plastic anyway, I use sustainable bamboo straws. They not only look beautiful, but are also reusable and particularly easy to clean.
What goes perfectly with this cooling mocktail? Fresh watermelon pieces or delicious raw snacks: Chocolate Cashew Butter Truffle , Chai chocolate truffle , or a 6-Ingredient Ferrero Rocher . Have fun and enjoy!
The Refreshing Watermelon Mocktail is:
- Naturally sweet
- Full of vitamins and minerals
Do you fancy this delicious vegan mocktail? Then I look forward to a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, feel free to use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Refreshing watermelon mocktail
- 800-1000 g fresh watermelon separated from the peel and cut into coarse pieces (alternatively frozen in pieces).
- 200 g frozen organic strawberries *I take the one from Alnatura, optionally use fresh strawberries and frozen watermelon
- 30 ml Lemon juice
- 30-60 ml maple syrup
- Optional: a small handful of fresh mint leaves
- Watermelon pieces
- Mint leaves
- Lime slices
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until a creamy liquid is formed.800-1000 g fresh watermelon, 200 g frozen organic strawberries, 30 ml Lemon juice, 30-60 ml maple syrup, Optional: a small handful of fresh mint leaves
- Pour into two smoothie glasses, garnish with desired toppings and enjoy!Watermelon pieces, Mint leaves, Lime slices
- Best fresh!
- BLENDTEC Mixer: http: //amzn.to/2xOTqme
- Smoothie glasses: http://amzn.to/2CECjGq
- Bamboo reusable straws: http://amzn.to/2CECjGq