Chocolate truffles? Boring, not quite but why not try a different variation? Especially if you are a lover of chai tea like me, these little yummy truffles are just the thing. One thing I can promise you in advance, they just melt in your mouth and are an absolute highlight in the run-up to Christmas.
Chai chocolate truffle
- Cardamom: Has a digestive effect and soothes the stomach
- Ginger: has an antibacterial effect and promotes blood circulation
- Fennel: the essential oils it contains help very well with indigestion
- Anise: stimulates appetite and digestion
- Cinnamon: helps against bloating and stimulates the appetite
Apparently, Indians put a lot of thought into the invention of chai tea. I would say chai morning, noon and night? Are you with us? Ok, but please in between a chai truffle!
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s wonderfully easy to make, requiring only 3 ingredients:
- Dark vegan chocolate
- Loose chai tea or bag
- Coconut milk
By the way, the truffles are also perfect as a gift. Especially if you want to surprise someone who likes homemade.
The chocolate chai truffles are:
- Simply made
- Incredibly delicious
Here we go with this incredibly delicious recipe, I hope you enjoy “re-rolling” and of course about a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Chai chocolate truffle (3 ingredients!)
- Raw cocoa powder At will
- Finely chop chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl.500 g dark vegan chocolate
- Melt carefully in a water bath, in no case let it get too hot.
- In another small saucepan, bring the coconut milk and chai tea to the boil, then remove from heat and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. let400 ml Coconut milk, 1 tbspn Chai tea loose (or 3 tea bags)
- After the infusion time is up, pass through a strainer (or remove tea bag) and pour the chai milk over the melted chocolate.
- Stir until a nice, even measure is formed. If it starts to clump a little at the beginning, no problem. Just keep stirring until everything is evenly combined.
- Place in the refrigerator until the mixture is nice and firm (at least 30 minutes, ideally overnight).
- Place raw cacao in a plate.Raw cocoa powder
- Once the mixture is firm, portion out a teaspoonful at a time and shape into a round truffle with your hands. Work quickly, as the truffle mixture quickly becomes soft again. Roll the finished truffles in raw cacao and set aside.
- Repeat until the measurements are completely used up.
- Enjoy and store remaining truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Chocolate melting pot: http://amzn.to/2iZH34c