At some point, it’s the day you realize that autumn has arrived. That’s exactly what happened to me this morning when I walked out of the house with a jacket and scarf. The wind blew in my face and I thought I needed something warm to drink. But coffee again? No thanks, it should be something healthy that warms me from the inside, namely body and soul. A vegan golden milk must be here!
Golden latte or vegan turmeric milk
If I had had a good drink yesterday before my Bowspring Yoga class on Tuesday, I might not have had such an incredible muscle soreness today. How can turmeric help?
- It has anti-inflammatory effects
- It is incredibly rich in antioxidants
- The addition of black pepper enhances the bioavailability of kukurmin (the antioxidant in turmeric)
But that’s not all, because turmeric is also supposed to help with chronic inflammation in joints and the gastrointestinal tract. Especially in the cold season, turmeric promotes a healthy immune system by mobilizing an antimicrobial peptin (protein) of our body’s own defenses.
This all sounds insanely good and in addition to the health-promoting effect, this drink can taste one thing above all: good! The golden yellow colour alone makes you want more and promotes a good mood. The coconut sugar gives the drink a pleasant sweetness and ensures that the body’s energy reserves are filled.
I hope you love the Golden Milk just like me, it is:
- Perfectly spicy
- Naturally sweet
- Super healthy
Let’s start with this golden-yellow power drink. I wish you a lot of fun in the recooking and look forward to a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
vegan golden milk (5 minutes!)
- Heat the plant milk, coconut milk, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and coconut oil and coconut blossom sugar in a small sauce pan and let it get hot. Please do not cook, but only let it get hot until the liquid is about to boil. This takes about 4-5 minutes. Stir again and again.360 ml unsweetened oat milk or almond milk, 360 ml Coconut milk, 1 ½ tbspn Turmeric powder or fresh turmeric root *, ¼ tbspn Ginger powder or fresh ginger root *, ¼ tbspn Cinnamon powder or a cinnamon stick, 15 g Coconut oil, A pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Remove from the heat, season and fill in the cups. It is best to enjoy fresh, otherwise put in the fridge and heat on the stove if necessary.
- Here again the hint: Turmeric stains extremely. It is best to wear gloves during the preparation (if you use fresh turmeric root) and wipe all surfaces that have come in contact with the spice immediately.