Since I no longer drink milk, I am not only better off, but my skin has also become cleaner. At the beginning it was already a small change, because I was used to milk since Childhood. When I did the vegan challenge with my husband, an alternative had to be come. In the beginning I tried my hand at various plant milk variants and there are some: almond milk, hazelnut milk, cashew, soy, etc. Especially for the everyday mueslis, smoothies and also for baking I fell in love with oat milk especially, because it has a natural sweetness.
Oat milk made in a few steps
Why is oats so healthy?
Oats are a real powerhouse and more nutritious than many other cereals, as it already contains 40g of oats:
- 0.3mg vitamin B1 (1/4 of daily requirements)
- 60mg magnesium
- 2mg iron
It is also interesting that 100g oatmeal contains as much zinc as a steak. Reason enough to use this wonderful food as the basis for the plant milk. If you suffer from gluten intolerance, please make sure that the flakes are gluten-free.
I’m sure you’ll love this milk, yes? Then I look forward to a review on this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes
make vegan oat milk yourself
- For the oat milk Place water, rolled oats, salt and optional ingredients such as date, vanilla in a high-powered blender and blend on the highest setting for 60 seconds. It does not have to be 100% finely ground, be careful: mixing for too long makes the oat milk slimy. I mix the milk for a maximum of 60 seconds.90 g Oatmeal, 960 ml Water, 1 pinch salt, Optional: 1 date, Optional: 1/2 tsp bourbon vanilla powder
- Season and add more optional ingredients as needed, such as dates for more sweetness.
- Hold over a large bowl and pass through a nut milk bag http://amzn.to/2xOvPBX until the liquid is completely squeezed out. Alternatively, you can use a clean kitchen towel.
- Place in an airtight bottle and place in the fridge. Keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days. Be careful when heating, as the milk thickens quickly. Better to enjoy cold in smoothies, granolas or simply pure to chocolate biscuits.