It’s still Summer and I am accordingly in love with delicious barbecue side dishes aka. Pasta salads . I’m particularly fond of a version with dried tomatoes and delicious cashews. Every now and then over the past few weeks we’ve been having a Beyond Meat Burger grilled and this one was Lettuce just perfect to go with it. Am I actually still allowed to say that publicly that I ate a Beyond Meat Burger? Now that it is demonized in the press as “unhealthy”? Sure, this burger pattie isn’t the solution to long-term health, but it’s not meant for every day. As a burger pattie substitute, it’s still the undisputed #1 for me. When I want it healthy, I just make one of my Burger Recipes .
VEGAN PASTA SALAD – SUMMER CAN STAY
Keep it simple! That is definitely our motto today. The Pesto consists of sun-dried tomatoes, cashews, basil, olive oil, basil, lemon juice, maple syrup, nutritional yeast, pepper and salt. Definitely not magic and really easy to do. The tomatoes and Cashews are soaked in hot water for an hour, so the pesto is easier to process. Then everything comes together in the blender and now pay attention. Which blender is best for making pesto? I use here my MagiMix (advertising since brand name, but self-paid), because it mixes the mass evenly, but not too fine.
Alternatively I recommend the Blendtec blender with Twister Jar, which, with its special lid, can be used even without a Water finely mixes. The problem with the classic high-performance blender is that it is easily “spins” with little liquid and you have to constantly help it along. Who wants already a hundred times the lid runternehmen and with the silicone scraper everything press down?
Here are my tips for a great result:
- Blendtec with Use TwisterJar, MagiMix or a similar blender
- Soaking water of the tomatoes and add a little at a time while blending.
- Cashews before soak well
- With a start low rotation speed of the blender
- Depending on Preference leave pesto coarser, or mix very fine
ARE DRIED TOMATOES HEALTHY?
Admittedly, dried tomatoes have not played a special role in my life until this recipe. Recipe played no particular role in my life. Until this Recipe ! The only question is whether the fruit vegetables are also healthy in the dried state? Fresh tomatoes are definitely one of the healthy foods, no question, because they consist of over 90% water. If we take a look at the calories, the fresh version is definitely preferable, with only 19kcal/100g as opposed to 70kcal/100g (dried). TIP: I always buy dried tomatoes raw, so not pickled in olive oil. Since oil itself is very calorie-intensive, I prefer to dose it myself.
What else is in dried tomatoes:
- Lycopene, a secondary plant substance that has an antioxidant effect and has a positive effect on the Cardiovascular system can affect
- Minerals like potassium and magnesium
- Trace elements such as iron, zinc, iodine and manganese
- Vitamin B1, B6, C and E
- Biotin and Pantothenic acid
I’d say go for the dried tomato! To go with today’s Salad vegan, grilled treats like the gelingsicher burger patties . Other side dishes for grilling, such as my Potato salad , Favorite salad or a Caprese round off the whole wonderfully.
Pasta salad with cashew tomato pesto:
- Quickly made
With this delicious Salad you convince every veggie critic. I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Pasta salad with cashew tomato pesto
- 500 g Pasta at will corresponds to a standard package
FOR THE PESTO:
- 110 g Dried tomatoes without oil soaked, collect soaking water
- 180 g Cashews soaked in hot water for at least 1 hour
- 2 Garlic cloves pressed or finely chopped, alternatively 1 tsp garlic granules
- 30 ml Olive oil if oil-free omit and replace with soaking water
- 7,5 ml maple syrup
- 15 ml Lemon juice
- 15 g Nutritional yeast flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil to taste
- Soak cashews in either cold water for at least 6 hours or hot water for one hour. Strain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Soak dried tomatoes in hot water for one hour, strain and save soaking water.110 g Dried tomatoes without oil
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, rinse with cold water and set aside.500 g Pasta at will
- Place soaked tomatoes, cashews, garlic, olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, nutritional yeast flakes, salt and pepper in a blender and blend to a fine pesto. Initially work with low revolutions and slowly turn up.110 g Dried tomatoes without oil, 180 g Cashews, 2 Garlic cloves, 30 ml Olive oil, 7,5 ml maple syrup, 15 ml Lemon juice, 15 g Nutritional yeast flakes, Salt and pepper to taste
- Add sips of sage tomato soaking water to make the paste easier to work with until the desired consistency is reached.
- Add to the pasta and stir vigorously once until everything is evenly combined.Fresh basil to taste
- Portion onto plates, garnish with fresh basil and enjoy.