Lahmacun is a Turkish-inspired pizza with fine smoked to fu and smoky grilled peppers that reminds me of balmy summer evenings in my favorite city, Istanbul. Spicy, oriental and refined with delicious pink onions and fine parsley.
Lahmacun (Turkish pizza)
Lahmacun basically consists of two components, the dough and the delicious topping. The dough is a simple pizza dough, for which there are already some variants on this blog. I make it with fresh yeast, but it works just as well with dry yeast.
The topping is a mixture of onion, garlic cloves, jarred grilled peppers, fresh parsley, smoked tofu, tomato paste, olive oil, maple syrup, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and chili flakes to taste. This is all made into a fine measure, spread on the dough and then it’s off to the oven. After 12-15 minutes, the fine Turkish pizza is then ready.
Vegan Turkish recipes
I always like to think back to my numerous trips to Turkey and especially the hospitality. Soon it will be that time again, because a trip to Bodrum is still on the plan this year. I am really looking forward to the hospitality of the people, the good food and above all the sun (which is not to be seen in our country at the moment).
If you’re not in the mood for Turkish pizza today, but want a different variation of pizza, I recommend the following recipes:
- Pide with spinach and feta
- Pizza with ricotta and green asparagus (vegan)
- Tex Mex pizza with vegan mayo
- Simple vegan pizza
- Berbere spelt pizza with tahini dressing
- Pizza yoga with hummus and pumpkin
- Green Forest Pizza
- Pizza rolls with pesto and mushrooms
- Simple Pizza Mozzarella
- Crispy Tandoori Chickpea Pizza
The Lahmacun (Turkish pizza) is:
- Easy to make
Are you ready for this delicious pizza? I wish you a lot of fun baking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Lahmacun (Turkish pizza)
FOR THE DOUGH:
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 Piece white onion peeled and diced
- 4 Piece Garlic cloves peeled and diced
- 100 g grilled peppers 1 jar, or weigh out the desired amount
- 1 small bunch of fresh parsley or 2 tsp dried parsley
- 200 g Smoked tofu coarsely crumbled with your hands or a fork
- 45 g Tomato paste
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 15 ml maple syrup
- 1 tbspn Cumin ground
- ½ tbspn smoked paprika powder
- ½ tbspn Salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbspn Chili flakes please test sharpness beforehand and use more or less depending on taste
- Fresh tomatoes cut into pieces
- Fermented onion After revive
- Fresh parsley
- FOR THE DOUGH put lukewarm water and yeast in a bowl and stir with a whisk or your hands until the yeast has dissolved. Gradually add olive oil and flour and knead with your hands until smooth. Cover and let rise a warm (not hot!) Place without drafts for an hour.170 ml lukewarm water, 2 g fresh yeast, 1 tbspn Olive oil, 250 g Flour
- NOTE: Yeast bacteria do not like it too hot or too cold. Always choose a medium, warm temperature.
- While the yeast dough is rising, prepare the topping. Provide a large bowl, add white onion, garlic cloves, grilled peppers, parsley, smoked tofu, tomato paste, olive oil, maple syrup, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and chili flakes and stir until a loose mixture is formed. Refrigerate until dough is ready for topping.1 tbspn Salt, 1 Piece white onion, 4 Piece Garlic cloves, 100 g grilled peppers, 1 small bunch of fresh parsley, 200 g Smoked tofu, 45 g Tomato paste, 30 ml Olive oil, 15 ml maple syrup, 1 tbspn Cumin, ½ tbspn smoked paprika powder, ½ tbspn Salt, Pepper to taste, 1 tbspn Chili flakes
- After the rising time, transfer the dough to a floured work surface and knead well again with your hands. The dough should have a smooth, firm consistency. Divide into four equal portions. Place on a surface and roll out four round pastry bases with a pastry roller. If necessary, a little extra flour is needed here.
- Now preheat oven to 220 °C convection or pizza level.
- Place topping in center of pastry shells, leaving edges generously free. Flatten slightly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are really nice and crispy browned. Top with toppings of your choice 2-3 minutes before the end of the baking time and enjoy!
- Perfect for freezing.Fresh tomatoes, Fermented onion, Fresh parsley