It was in Bali, of course, where I first ate a vegan Scrambled Egg on a delicious sourdough bread. Topped with a really ripe, perfect. Avocado , cress and sesame seeds. That was so incredibly good, I can tell you. When I happened to see a picture of it on Instagram the other day, I was floored. I had to copy it, absolutely and at any price. No sooner said than done this Recipe I will so include in my all-time classics. It simply always fits, Breakfast , vegan brunch, afternoon snack or as a Dinner . So, let’s go!
Silken tofu 2.0 – the vegan scrambled egg
The ingredients are manageable, with Silken tofu , onion, turmeric, garlic granules or fresh garlic, nutritional yeast, tamari and a pinch of sea salt. The whole thing is then served on a slice of sourdough bread, topped with avocado, sprouts and sesame seeds.
Then it’s up to you and your personal taste how you want to refine it. Chili, Tomatoes, mushrooms, herbs, actually (almost) anything goes.
In the production there are hardly anything to note. All you need is a pan, a stove, and off you go.
What is special about silken tofu?
The Classic tofu is made from soybeans and comes from the Asian region. There are different types of tofu, which are used in different dishes. Silken tofu, for example, tends to be used in the preparation of desserts and our Scrambled Egg or scrambled eggs, while firmer tofu varieties are used for savory dishes. Interestingly, tofu is quite high in protein and is also rich in calcium, magnesium, copper and potassium. Not to be neglected is the content of iron, essential amino acids and B vitamins.
The classic vegan scrambled eggs with silken tofu (15 minutes) is:
- simple to be produced
Classic vegan scrambled eggs with silken tofu (15 minutes)
FOR THE TOFU:
- 2 tbspn Frying oil or other high heat oil
- 1 small red onion chopped
- ½ tbspn Garlic granules or 2 cloves of garlic freshly pressed
- 400 g Silken tofu I take the products from Taifun #nosponsoring
- 1 ½ tbspn Tamari or another soy sauce Note: Tamari is gluten free
- 1 tbspn Nutritional yeast
- ¾ tbspn Turmeric Provides a great yellowish color
- Sea salt to taste
ADD ONS (optional):
- Fresh tomatoes
- Mushrooms Shiitake or other mushrooms
- Fresh sourdough bread
- Avocado sliced
- Kala Namak is a special ayurvedic black salt with high iron content, which has an “egg-like” taste, available online or at Alnature (no advertising)
- Heat pan to medium heat.
- Pour in oil and saute onion until translucent. Add garlic or garlic granules and continue to saute briefly.2 tbspn Frying oil or other high heat oil, 1 small red onion, ½ tbspn Garlic granules or 2 cloves of garlic freshly pressed
- Add in the silken tofu. NOTE: Silken tofu does not need to be drained, it can be used straight from the package. The remaining moisture evaporates during frying. I just drained the tofu so I could photograph it better.400 g Silken tofu
- Add tamari, nutritional yeast, turmeric and sea salt.1 ½ tbspn Tamari or another soy sauce, 1 tbspn Nutritional yeast, ¾ tbspn Turmeric, Sea salt to taste
- Stir until everything is well combined.Kala Namak
- Simmer over medium heat until some of the liquid has evaporated and it has the consistency of scrambled rice.
- Spread on 4 slices of sourdough bread, garnish with avocado slices, cress and sesame seeds and enjoy!Fresh tomatoes, Mushrooms, Zucchini, Fresh sourdough bread, Avocado, Cress