Welcome back! I could tell myself, because I’m back in the country. Two weeks my husband and I were traveling in Switzerland and it was gigantic. The weather, the mountains and the nice Swiss people themselves were a real highlight. The recreation did not come too briefly, I think there only of the casual afternoons at the Lake Caumer the most beautiful lake I have ever seen. I have also thought in between, whether I should write a small vegan Switzerland travel guide. However, I quickly discarded the idea, because outside of Zurich and co. the selection of vegan dishes is, let’s say, very meager. No matter, we had a lot of food with us ourselves and therefore got by quite well. But now I’m back in the kitchen and ready to go!
Tofu Stir Fry – Sweet and sour and just damn tasty
Tofu does not taste good? What a load of rubbish!
The other day I was at my favorite organic supermarket and got to talking with the nice man at the register. He said he thinks organic food is great, but tofu just tastes awful. I then told him that I would write a vegan food blog blog and that he would find delicious recipes with Tofu finds. The trick with all dishes is solely seasoning and habit. I suggest today we make an extremely delicious Tofu from the pan, in which you will literally lie down.
Let’s start with the tofu. This is marinated in a delicious sauce of tamari, bird eye chili, sesame oil and maple syrup and then rolled in cornstarch. This makes it very nice and flavorful and damn crispy when fried. Then comes the vegetables, consisting of broccoli, peppers and green onions. This is steamed and cooked down with a wonderfully delicious sweet and sour sauce.
The simple Tofu Sir Fry(30 minutes) is:
- Quickly made
Perfect for a vegan Lunch or dinner that fills you up and is full of healthy ingredients. I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Simple Tofu Stir Fry (30 minutes)
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 30 ml Sesame oil
- 2 tbspn Cornstarch
- 1 tbspn Ginger peeled and grated or finely chopped
- 2 Piece Garlic cloves peeled and pressed or finely chopped (6g)
- 15 ml Asian rice wine or replace with white wine vinegar
- 45 ml Tamari or another gluten-free soy sauce
- 45 ml maple syrup
- Optional: a little water for dilution
FOR THE TOFU:
FOR THE VEGETABLES:
- One head of broccoli washed and cut into small pieces as desired
- 1 bunch green onion washed and cut into coarse pieces
- 1 red bell bell pepper cut into strips
- Basmati rice to taste
- Fresh coriander
- Limes quartered
- Sesame seeds to taste
- Chili Sauce
- If serving rice, prepare according to package directions, sauté broccoli briefly to soften (optional to taste).
- Remove the tofu from the package and I wrap kitchen roll or a clean cotton cloth and press dry. This is best done with a heavy pan or other heavy object. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, for the SAUCE Put sesame oil, cornstarch, ginger, garlic cloves, rice wine, tamari, maple syrup in a bowl and whisk well. Dilute with a small sip of water if desired.30 ml Sesame oil, 2 tbspn Cornstarch, 1 tbspn Ginger, 2 Piece Garlic cloves, 15 ml Asian rice wine, 45 ml Tamari or another gluten-free soy sauce, 45 ml maple syrup, Optional: a little water for dilution
- Heat a large frying pan. Tofu unwrap and I cut small square pieces.400 g Tofu nature
- Place tofu in a bowl, add tamari, sesame oil, Bird Eye chilies and maple syrup and stir well. Let marinate for about 3-5 minutes.45 ml Tamari or another gluten-free soy sauce, 15 ml Sesame oil or water if oil is to be avoided, 1-2 Bird Eye chilies or other chilies to taste, 15 ml maple syrup
- After marinating time is up, place tofu in a sealable jar, bag or box, add cornstarch, seal and shake until cornstarch is evenly coated around tofu pieces.4 tbspn Cornstarch
- Add frying oil to preheated pan and fry tofu until golden brown. Do not fry too long, it is enough to fry the tofu once on each side.30 ml Frying oil or other high heat oil
- Remove tofu from pan and set aside.
- Now add the vegetables in the same pan and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Deglaze with the SAUCE and continue to simmer.One head of broccoli, 1 red bell bell pepper, 1 bunch green onion
- Now add the tofu and simmer until the vegetables are soft but still firm to the bite and everything is well combined.
- Divide between two plates, garnish with basmati rice, cilantro, lime, sesame seeds and chili sauce (all optional) and Enjoy!Basmati rice to taste, Fresh coriander, Limes, Sesame seeds to taste, Chili Sauce