Cauliflower is actually boring, isn’t it? Honestly, I thought that for a very long time until I discovered cauliflower rice for myself. The vegetable is damn versatile and also very healthy. But why should you replace your usual rice or pasta with cauliflower every now and then?
Cauliflower rice make yourself
- Cauliflower rice has hardly any calories
- Is very low in carbohydrates (especially if you make sure to include low-carb dishes).
- Made much faster than rice or pasta
This is how easy you prepare the vegan cauliflower rice
There are two techniques to make cauliflower rice:
- Either you use the good old kitchen grater and calculate a little more time
- Alternatively, I use my MagiMix, which is much faster. However, the investment in a professional food processor is also a little higher.
No matter which method you use, there is a little trick that will make the rice even fluffier. I use a clean kitchen towel, put the cauliflower rice au gratin in it and squeeze excess water out of the vegetables.
Cooking is then very simple by heating a pan with a tablespoon of oil and lightly sweating the cauliflower rice. Put the lid on and let it cook in its own steam for a few minutes, done! A little salt, pepper or soy sauce and the healthy side dish is ready.
I am sure you will love this healthy “rice“. yes? Then I look forward to a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Make vegan cauliflower rice yourself
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- Optional: 1 tablespoon oil
- Optional: 1 pinch each of salt and pepper
- Wash cauliflower, remove green stems and cut into coarse pieces.1 large head of cauliflower
- Using a grater or food processor, grate small so that it looks like rice.
- Place in a clean (paper) kitchen towel and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon oil and briefly sauté the cauliflower rice.Optional: 1 tablespoon oil, Optional: 1 pinch each of salt and pepper
- Cover and let cook in its own steam for 5-8 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper or tamari to taste and serve.
- Pairs wonderfully as a side dish with vegan stir-fry or pumpkin curry.
- Square grater: http://amzn.to/2jGys6u
- MagiMix: http://amzn.to/2jI8fV7
- Le Creuset pan: http://amzn.to/2jGCyey