Cauliflower and potato puree is simply a dream. Perfect as a side dish or all by itself, this fine dish tastes wonderful. I like the puree just so, topped with a handful of lettuce leaves. Super simple, filling and healthy, it has to be. Cauliflower is often underestimated, but it has many healing properties and in this recipe it goes just perfectly with the potato, which is very healthy in itself. Unfortunately, the Germans have less and less potatoes on the table, which I think is a pity. The tubers are super healthy and make you happy and full. And I’m not talking about greasy potato chips or French fries. Let’s get started together with this wonderful puree that is once again Medical Medium friendly.
Cauliflower and potato puree vegan
The preparation of the cauliflower-potato puree could not be easier. Peel the potatoes, cut into small cubes. Remove the stalk from the cauliflower and steam the florets together with the potato cubes. You can do this either with a cooking insert or in a steamer.
To this I add some garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley or chives. If you like, you can add a little margarine or extra virgin olive oil. But this is optional.
TIP: If you have a pressure cooker at home you can be doubly happy, because you can steam the vegetables within 5 minutes. I love my pressure cooker and also love making soups and stews with it. It goes super fast with it and the taste is just better.
Vegan side dishes made quickly and easily
I use mostly waxy potatoes and find them to be a true all-rounder. Often it is not worth buying different varieties of potatoes for different dishes. But what absolutely must be, are potatoes from organic farming, because it is better for our health, the soil and the environment.
Which blender do I need to make it?
I use a magic wand to make the puree. Alternatively, my Magimix works very well or the good old potato masher.
What goes well with this simple and delicious puree:
- Nut roast with glaze
- Vegan roast with delicious sauce
- Chickpea pancakes with zucchini
- Mushroom roast in puff pastry coat
- Vegan roast superquick
- Festive protein roast
Are you ready for this delicious, healthy cauliflower and potato puree? Then I look forward to a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, feel free to use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Simple cauliflower and potato puree
- Fresh parsley greens
- Margarine or extra virgin olive oil optional
- Steam potato cubes and cauliflower for 15-20 minutes. A cooking insert or steamer is recommended here.300 g Potatoes, 1 whole Cauliflower
- Once the potato cubes and cauliflower are cooked, add garlic granules, onion powder, salt and nutmeg and blend finely with a magic wand.½ tbspn Garlic granules, 1 tbspn Onion powder, 1 tbspn Salt, Pepper to taste
- If so, turn off the heat and finely puree with a whisk. Taste and season if necessary.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy! Best fresh, not suitable for freezingFresh parsley greens, Margarine or extra virgin olive oil