Mushroom roast in puff pastry coat is the answer to many problems and especially to the question “What should I cook at Christmas?”. After all, there are already four delicious roast recipes on this site, but I thought there was definitely room for more. For quite some time I’ve been a huge fan of mushrooms and I thought to myself, such a delicious mushroom roast, it’s still missing in my collection. Many thanks also to my trusted greengrocer in Dürn, who ordered me a sensational mushroom box with herb mushrooms, autern mushrooms and shiitake mushrooms. Simply super delicious!
Mushroom roast in puff pastry coat vegan
There is one ingredient that I do not make from scratch and that is the puff pastry. Admittedly, you could also make it yourself, but I just don’t feel like it. Especially if there are ready-made vegan puff pastries ready to hand in the organic supermarket, you should definitely take advantage of this offer. No sooner said than done, I secured two rolls.
Let’s move on to the filling. Here I heat some olive oil in a large pot, along with onion and garlic. Add carrots, celery, mixed mushrooms, herbs, salt, pepper, tamari, ground flax seeds and ready-cooked green lentils. All this is then put in a large bowl together with oat flour and kneaded vigorously once until a compact dough is formed. Now we just roll out a puff pastry. Spread filling on top and press firmly. Then the second puff pastry comes on top and is rolled up on the side. Now it’s off to the oven, where the delicious mushroom roast is allowed to braise for 40 minutes.
Make vegan mushroom roast in puff pastry coat yourself
Of course, there are some, delicious side dishes to go with it. My homemade gravy must not be missing in any case. Homemade, incredibly easy to make and delicious. Potato dumplings and red cabbage make it perfect. If you’re in the mood for a different roast or Christmas side dish today, I have the following recommendations for you:
- Vegan roast super quick
- Festive protein roast (nut free)
- Vegan gravy (15 minutes)
- Festive nut roast with glaze
- Vegan roast with delicious sauce
- Braised beet with walnuts
- Glazed carrots
The vegan mushroom roast is
- Easy to manufacture
- Firm consistency
- Extremely tasty
Now you are perfectly prepared for your vegan Christmas and much more. If you feel like it, get my free vegan booklets here with lots of delicious sweet recipes to bake. Otherwise, I wish you now a lot of fun with this delicious vegan roast. I’m happy to receive a review on the site or on Instagram under the #veganevibes.
Mushroom roast in puff pastry (60 minutes)
FOR THE FRY:
- 2 Piece Puff pastry rolls vegan, bought ready
- 30 ml Frying oil or other high heat oil extra oil for brushing
- 110 g red onion finely chopped (equivalent to a medium onion) alternatively white onion or shallots
- 1 Piece Garlic clove finely chopped or 1 tsp garlic granules
- 75 g Celery stalk cut into fine slices
- 200 g Carrots finely grated
- 500 g mixed mushrooms diced
- 2 tbspn Thyme or a few branches fresh
- 1 ½ tbspn Sage or a few leaves fresh
- 1 tbspn Basil
- 1 tbspn Oregano
- 1 Bay leaf
- A pinch of sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 30 ml Tamari or any other soy sauce of your choice
- 240 g Green lentils cooked corresponds to one can
- 25 g ground flaxseed flaxseed meal or even more oatmeal
- 75 g gluten free oatmeal I grind oatmeal for this in the food processor
- Vegan gravy
- Potato dumplings
- Blue cabbage
- Side salad
- Heat a large pot. Pour in oil, add onion, garlic cloves and sweat for 1-2 minutes.30 ml Frying oil or other high heat oil, 110 g red onion, 1 Piece Garlic clove
- Add celery, carrots and mixed mushrooms. Continue to sauté until the vegetables have softened a bit. Add the thyme, sage, basil, oregano, bay leaf, salt and pepper and stir once until everything is well mixed.75 g Celery stalk, 200 g Carrots, 500 g mixed mushrooms, 2 tbspn Thyme, 1 ½ tbspn Sage or a few leaves fresh, 1 tbspn Basil, 1 tbspn Oregano, 1 Bay leaf, A pinch of sea salt, Black pepper to taste
- Deglaze with tamari, mix in green lentils and flaxseed meal. Season once briefly and add a little more sea salt, pepper or soy sauce to taste.30 ml Tamari, 240 g Green lentils cooked, 25 g ground flaxseed flaxseed meal or even more oatmeal
- Add to a bowl along with the oat flour and work into a uniform dough.75 g gluten free oatmeal I grind oatmeal for this in the food processor
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees convection (200 degrees top and bottom heat) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll out a puff pastry flat on the baking sheet and put the filling in the middle. Flatten slightly, be sure to leave edges clear. Place a second puff pastry on top and fold in the edges until the filling is completely covered. NOTE: Remove bay leaf before rolling into puff pastry.2 Piece Puff pastry rolls
- Place in the oven. Bake for 40 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, slice and serve quickly or return to oven and keep warm.
- To serve, place one or two slices of vegan roast on each plate together with potato dumplings and red cabbage and pour sauce over them. enjoy!Vegan gravy, Potato dumplings, Blue cabbage, Side salad
- Best fresh. Roast can be frozen, preferably sliced.