Glazed carrots quickly and easily roast in the oven. This recipe will surprise you because it is so simple and delicious at the same time. The other day at the organic supermarket, a fresh bunch of carrots caught my eye and I couldn’t resist adding them to my cart. No sooner said than done, I was already thinking about what I could do with it. While doing so, I thought of the upcoming Christmas season and the idea came to me to make a delicious extra for festive dishes. These fine carrots are ideal simply on their own, as a side dish to festive or Asian dishes, or as a topping for healthy bowls.
Make glazed carrots yourself – How To
Carrots are simply brilliant because they are cheap, filling and nutritious at the same time. I think they are underrated far too often, as people are often looking for something special and exotic ingredients often come out on top. Today we want to change that and make something super delicious out of the classic bunch of carrots. All we need is a baking dish, carrots and a glaze that we mix ourselves. Ginger, garlic, tamari, maple syrup and ready!
The process is quite simple. First we roast the carrots in the oven, then we mix the glaze and add it directly. Now the vegetables may go into the oven a second time and stew with the glaze for a while.
TIP: If you bought the carrots with carrot greens, be sure to continue using them in the spirit of “no food waste.” I top carrots with it, however you can make many other great things with it, like a pesto. I am sure I will make a recipe for this soon.
Simple vegan glazed carrots as a side dish
What else is there to consider? I use organically grown carrots and do not peel them. However, it is important to wash them really well, so you avoid residues of sand and soil.
TIP: Here comes another “no food waste” tip. If you peel the carrots, then you can save the peels and dry them in the oven at 120 degrees convection. The dried carrot strips add a nice crunch to any dish:
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees
- Spread carrot peels evenly on the baking sheet
- Dry in the oven until the strips are dry
If you’re looking for another delicious side dish today, I recommend the following recipes:
- Potato gratin (Dauphinoise)
- Winter red cabbage
- Oven vegetables with tamari
- Braised beet with walnuts
- Vegan mashed potatoes
The glazed carrots are
- Quickly made
- Easy to make
Are you ready for the carrot party? I wish you a lot of fun with making and of course about a rating at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees convection (220 degrees top bottom heat).
- Cut carrots in half again, depending on size. Provide a baking dish and put the carrots in it along with the olive oil. Mix well so that the oil is evenly distributed over the carrots.600 g Carrots, 30 ml Olive oil
- Put in the oven and roast for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the Glaze prepare. For this, mix maple syrup, tamari, ginger and garlic in a bowl and set aside.15 ml maple syrup, 30 ml Tamari, 1 tbspn Ginger, 1 tbspn Garlic
- Remove carrots from oven after baking time and increase temperature to 225 degrees convection (245 degrees top-bottom heat).
- Pour glaze over carrots and mix with tongs until everything is well distributed.
- Return to the oven and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with carrot greens or fresh cilantro. Serve neat or with another dish of your choice. Best fresh.