Somethings are so simple and so delicious, like this one Oven vegetables . The real obstacle with these Courts is that they are so simple that you just can’t think of making them. That was the reason why today I want to share with you this simple and ingenious oven vegetables. I often eat it once plain with a piece of sourdough bread or in combination with a rich Bowl . Here the combinations are finite and the vegetables really go well with almost all savory dishes as a side dish. Ready?
Root Vegetables is the new Black (Oven Vegetables)
Let’s not exaggerate, because somehow everything is “the new black” at the moment. sustainability, being green, vegan and much more. Actually, I have only one mission today, because I want to spice up boring root vegetables and in such a way that they taste really good and do not remain on the plate, like the unpopular broccoli back then. And guess what helps us do that? Roasting in the oven, because this creates wonderful roasted aromas that provide a unique taste.
What varieties are suitable?
Here you have the agony of choice or a unique chance to try different vegetables that you would otherwise give a wide berth (at least I often do).
But now let’s get to the colorful vegetable list:
- Parsley root
- Black salsify
- Jerusalem artichoke
- Oat root
Of course, you can expand the list infinitely according to your personal taste. For example, I also like very much fennel, pumpkin or Sweet potatoes .
Now only three things are missing:
- A high quality frying and baking oil
TIP: I add the Tamari to the vegetables at the very end, when they come out of the oven. This gives a really great, intense flavor.
Got a hankering for this great, hearty and versatile dish? Then I look forward to a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, feel free to use the hashtag #veganevibes
HOW TO MAKE oven vegetables with tamari
- 1,5 kg mixed root vegetables e.g. beet, parsnips, etc. see list above in text
- 8-10 Thyme sprigs
- Sage leaves to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100 ml high heat frying and baking oil e.g. sunflower oil or olive oil
- 2-3 tbspn Tamari
- A large roasting pan or casserole dish
- Heat oven to 200 degrees (top and bottom heat or grill setting if available).
- Clean root vegetables with a vegetable brush or wash under running water. Dry, clean and cut into 1-1.5 cm thick slices.1,5 kg mixed root vegetables
- Place in a bowl, add herbs, salt, pepper and mix well once until vegetables are evenly coated with oil.8-10 Thyme sprigs, Sage leaves to taste, Salt and pepper to taste, 100 ml high heat frying and baking oil
- Place in a baking dish, put in the oven and simmer for about an hour. If necessary, mix once after half the time has elapsed so that everything is even.
- Remove from oven and mix in tamari.2-3 tbspn Tamari, A large roasting pan or casserole dish
- Serve warm and enjoy! Keeps well sealed in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and is good for reheating, though best fresh.
- Casserole dish: https://amzn.to/2B0OYD6