I just remember back to my time in Berlin. No matter where I was, there was Shawarma . Even then, I always opted for the vegan version with vegetables, after all, it’s all about the spices. I really wanted to bring this Berlin flair back to my Bavarian home. Currently I live in a small village and here there is far and wide no Shawarma . Therefore, roll up your sleeves, get into the kitchen and cook a super healthy and above all delicious Lebanese dish. I promise you, you will love it.
Are you ready for vegan shawarma?
The basis for this delicious Buddha Bowl is a well-mixed Shawarma spice mix which you can easily make yourself and store in a sealable container. If you don’t have everything in the house, no problem. The higher up the list the ingredients are, the more important they are. However, if you’re in the kitchen on a regular basis, a well-stocked spice rack is one of the best investments you can make. Good spices are simply indispensable in vegan cuisine.
Now what do we season with the mixture? Chickpeas and Cauliflower . These two beauties are mixed with a little oil and the Spice mixture massaged in really nice and then go into the oven. What is missing now? The quinoa, a fresh salad of cucumbers tomatoes and onions and a delicious tahini dressing.
Fast vegan cuisine? Preparation is the key to success
Let’s face it. Most of us, already have enough to organize in our daily lives and time is a precious commodity. That’s why it makes sense to save time in the kitchen as much as possible. With a few little tips and tricks, it works quite well. Especially quinoa can be wonderfully precooked for a week and stored in the refrigerator. I have a sealable glass box for this and it saves me a lot of time because I just have to heat up the quinoa quickly.
I’m sure you’re craving this delicious Shawarma Bowl by now at the latest. It is perfect for a simple Dinner or lunch and provides you with a full serving of vegetable protein and valuable fiber. Simple, quick and easy, that’s how I love it!
On my site you will find more Shawarma recipes, like. Scrambled tofu , Sandwich with chickpeas and of course a tutorial on how to make a Shawarma spice mix . By the way, a homemade pita bread goes wonderfully with it. Yum!
Shawarma Bowl with cauliflower and chickpeas:
- incredibly aromatic
- rich in valuable vegetable proteins
- Easy to make
I hope you enjoy this delicious bowl and I’d love to see a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Shawarma Bowl with cauliflower and chickpeas
FOR THE SHAWARMA VEGETABLES:
FOR THE SALAD:
FOR THE TAHINI DRESSING:
- Vegan pita Flatbread or naan
- Lemons cut into quarters
- QUINOA cook according to package instructions.170 g Quinoa, 500 ml Water, A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees, line baking sheet with baking paper.
- FOR THE SHAWARMA VEGETABLES Place chickpeas and cauliflower in a bowl, add shawarma seasoning and oil and mix well once until chickpeas and cauliflower are evenly coated with oil and seasoning.250 g Chickpeas, 1 Piece Cauliflower, 30 ml Frying oil or other high heat oil, 3 tbspn Shawarma spice mixture
- Pour onto the baking sheet, spread well and bake for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the SALAD prepare. To do this, put all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.2-3 Piece Tomatoes, 1 Piece red onion, ½ Piece Cucumber, ¼ Cup parsley, 60 ml Lemon juice, 15 ml maple syrup
- TAHINI DRESSING mix and set aside.15 ml maple syrup, 30 ml Lemon juice, ½ tbspn Garlic powder or a fresh clove of garlic – pressed, Sea salt to taste, Black pepper to taste, 60 ml warm water for dilution, 80 g Tahini
- Remove chickpeas from oven and (optionally) use reheat to warm pita breads.
- QUINOA, SHAWARMA VEGETABLES, SALAD and TAHINI DRESSING Divide into bowls and garnish with naan and fresh lemon quarters as desired. enjoy!Vegan pita, Lemons cut into quarters
- Tastes best fresh.
- Mixing bowl: https://amzn.to/2PwjE5y
: Calorie calculations of the bowl do not include the TAHINI sauce.