Oh man now you can not even Scrambled eggs eat! What? Of course I can, but just without chicken egg. At first it also seemed a little strange to me, since I was used to eating egg for years. I loved it in all variations, whether scrambled or soft boiled. Since my conversion to vegan food I can hardly believe it, but eggs no longer taste good to me. The body needs some time to adapt to the new eating habits and suddenly everything goes very easily.
Shawarma Scrambled Tofu
But now for this excellent dish. Perhaps you can remember my penultimate post which was. Shawarma spice mix . That’s when I got the idea? Why not just use it as a spice blend for a flavorful scrambled Tofu use. Short hand I tried it and it tastes great.
Served with delicious, crispy fried Potatoes . The trick if you’re short on time on the day of the event? Boil the potatoes the day before or prepare them in the steamer. This saves a hell of a lot of time and you can get started right away. The whole thing is rounded off with vegetables. I opted for bell peppers, kale and green onion. Not only tastes good, but also fits very well visually.
Here’s some more information about kale and why it’s so healthy:
- Has more vitamin K than any other vegetable (healthy bone formation)
- Contains twice as much vitamin C as lemons
- More calcium than in cow’s milk
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Very high iron and protein content
Of course, this is only a small sample of the benefits of kale, the main thing is not to cook it too long and too hot. Steam briefly and enjoy! In this way, the valuable micronutrients are all preserved.
Let’s continue with our hearty vegan breakfast. A perfect match for example. 1-Bowl Walnut Banana Pancakes , a creamy Chocolate Chia Smoothie Toast and of course lots of fresh fruit (for me, coffee must not be missing at brunch). Well, now we have everything together for a great vegan brunch with friends and family. I would say it’s ready to go.
The Shawarma Scrambled Tofu with Crispy Potatoes is:
- Incredibly aromatic
- Easy to manufacture
I wish you a lot of fun with Brunchen and I am happy about a rating at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Shawarma Scrambled Tofu with Crispy Potatoes
FOR THE BREAKFAST POTATOES:
- 500 g Potatoes*
- 12 g vegan margarine
- 1 tbspn Salt
FOR THE SHAWARMA SCAMBLE:
- If not done the day before, peel potatoes, cut into quarters and cook in steamer until tender. Alternatively, place the quarters in a pot of boiling water and cook for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Remove the tofu from the package, roll it up with some kitchen paper and place a heavy object on top to extract the liquid. Let stand for about 10 minutes.200 g Tofu natural
- For the breakfast potatoes, heat a medium skillet and slowly melt vegan margarine in it. Turn heat up a little and put in potato quarters. Bake until golden brown on all sides. Takes about 20 minutes.500 g Potatoes*, 12 g vegan margarine, 1 tbspn Salt
- In parallel, for the Shawarma Scrambled, heat a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil first, then the Shawarma spice mixture. Through the heat and the oil, the spices can develop their full flavor. Add the spring onion, red bell pepper and kale, cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Deglaze with 1-2 tablespoons in between and season with salt and pepper.30 ml Olive oil, 15-20 ml Water, 3 tbspn Shawarma spice mixture, 3 Spring onion, 1 red bell bell pepper, 2 Cups Kale**, ½ tbspn Sea salt, Pepper to taste
- Unwrap tofu from paper towel and tear/grate into small pieces with your hands. Alternatively, use a fork for this step.
- Add tofu to shawarma-vegetable mixture and mix well. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes over low to medium heat. Season again with salt and pepper.200 g Tofu natural
- Divide Shawarma Scramble and Breakfast Potatoes between two plates and garnish with desired extras. Serve and enjoy!Organic ketchup, Mexican salsa, Fresh parsley, Vegan parmesan, Vegan bacon, Toast
- Tastes best fresh, but will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.