What? The heat wave is over? A small part of me is happy when the weather gets a little cooler again, especially then the work goes easier from the hand. More specifically, one is happy as a food blogger who works in an attic with a large window. Might think that’s a great thing, though not necessarily in what feels like 40 degrees. No matter how hot it is, you always need something delicious to eat. The other day I passed by a kebab store and there was a Shawarma sandwich. Not exactly exciting, but that was my idea for this one Dish . I would say let’s get started?
Shawarma sandwich in the house
It’s been a while since I made the Shawarma spice mix posted. Versatile and damn tasty, it goes with so many dishes, like these crispy baked chickpeas. These are first baked in the oven and packed together with lots of vegetables in a pita bread. Topped off with a delicious sauce that is definitely the highlight of our Sandwiches is.
When it comes to vegetables, you’re spoiled for choice. I use tomatoes, red onion, pointed cabbage and cucumbers. However, many other vegetables also fit, best you check the contents of your refrigerator.
The sauce is mixed in no time at all and is really something to put in. As a base you need hummus, bought or homemade, lemon juice, some dill, garlic and some oat milk to dilute. Voilà!
A word about the pita breads, of course you can make them yourself or just buy them in the organic market. I tend to buy most of the time because DIY often takes a lot of time.
Vegan wraps – what more do you want?
Honestly, I had real trouble shooting this delicious sandwich because I finally wanted to bite into it. Well, somehow I persevered and got the thing into the box. Are you ready for this delicious, vegan Sandwich ? Then let’s get started together.
Simple shawarma sandwich with chickpeas (25 minutes):
- incredibly aromatic
- Easy to manufacture
I hope you enjoy these delicious sandwiches and I’d be happy to see a review at the very bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes
Simple Shawarma Sandwich with chickpeas (25 minutes)
FOR THE BAKED CHICKPEAS:
FOR THE GARLIC SAUCE:
- Vegan pita Flatbread or naan
- 2-3 Piece Tomatoes sliced
- 1 Piece red onion sliced
- ½ Piece Cucumber sliced
- White or red cabbage cut into fine slices
- Salad leaves to taste
- Preheat oven to 200degrees, line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put chickpeas in a bowl, add shawarma seasoning and frying oil and mix well once until all chickpeas are covered with oil and seasoning.250 g Chickpeas, 15 ml Frying oil or other high heat oil, 3 tbspn Shawarma spice mixture
- Pour onto the baking sheet, spread well and bake for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the Sauce prepare. To do this, put all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir until everything is well combined. I use a whisk, but a simple spoon works too. Add a little more oat milk, depending on your preference, until you reach the desired consistency. Set aside.150 g Hummus, 15 ml Lemon juice, ½ tbspn Dill tips, 2 Piece Garlic cloves, 30 ml Oat milk or another vegetable milk for dilution, A pinch of sea salt
- Remove chickpeas from oven and warm pita breads. Remove from oven, cut open and set aside.Vegan pita, 2-3 Piece Tomatoes, 1 Piece red onion, ½ Piece Cucumber
- For the sandwiches, first fill the pita bread with vegetables of your choice, add chickpeas and drizzle with plenty of sauce. enjoy!White or red cabbage, Salad leaves to taste
- Tastes best fresh.
- Mixing bowl: https://amzn.to/2PwjE5y