“Yaaaa finally you did it again!” My husband was overjoyed because he has been bugging me for months to finally make this soy sandwich again. Admittedly, it’s his absolute favorite dish and I can totally relate. Pulled soy is really a great invention because not only is it full of really high-quality plant-based protein, but it also gives the sandwich a great bite-sized texture that leaves you wanting more. Are you ready? Then let’s get started.
Soy Pulled Pork Sandwich – so Delicious
In addition to the Pulled Soy from VEGANZ (no sponsoring – do you know other brands that have good Soy Schnetzel? Feel free to comment at the bottom of the page), which I buy ready-made come tasty carrots and lentils. The lentils give the filling a nice creaminess, which goes well with the bite-sized shredded meat. Seasoned with lots of delicious vegan BBQ sauce and hot peppers. If it can’t be spicy enough for you, feel free to add 1-2 Birds Eye chilies or a fresh chili pod. Coconut blossom sugar balances the spiciness again a little and provides a caramel note.
It is important to use the right Roll to use, it should be crunchy on the outside and soft inside. I also always take out a little dough to fill the sandwich really full. That’s what it comes down to, isn’t it? Try with it the homemade spelt rolls or sandwich rolls from the organic supermarket.
Finally, a healthy, protein-packed vegan version of pulled pork
- Lentils provide a plus of healthy, easily digestible protein
- Carrots are rich in beta-carotene (a precursor of vitamin A)
- Soy provides another plus in protein (37%)
30 minutes, a few ingredients and you’re ready to go. I promise you that all “Pulled Pork” followers will love you for it. By the way, a great red cabbage and carrot salad goes well as a side dish, lactic fermented vegetables or vegan bacon very excellently to it.
Soy Pulled Pork Sandwich (30 minutes):
- Full of healthy protein
- Easy to make
Are you ready for your NY style vegan soy pulled pork sandwich? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Soy Pulled Pork Sandwich (30 minutes)
- 200 g Lentils cooked
- 1 Pack Pulled Soy from VEGANZ
- 30 ml Frying oil or coconut oil
- ½ Piece white onion finely sliced
- 1 Piece Garlic clove finely diced or pressed
- 50 g Carrots peeled and finely grated
- 25 g Coconut blossom sugar
- 1 ½ tbspn paprika powder noble sweet
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ Cup vegan barbecue sauce + a little more for serving
- 30 ml Water
- Cook lentils according to package directions(if using uncooked lentils). If using lentils from a jar or can, skip this step.200 g Lentils cooked
- For the Pulled Pork, cook in boiling water or vegetable broth for 10 minutes, strain and set aside.1 Pack Pulled Soy from VEGANZ
- Heat a large frying pan with frying oil. Sauté onion and garlic in it until translucent(2-3 minutes), add soy shreds and fry until hot (be careful not to burn). Season with salt and pepper, add lentils, carrots, coconut blossom sugar, paprika powder, water, BBQ sauce and optional smoke flavoring, stir and simmer for 10-15 minutes. If the soy lentil mixture is too thin, sift in 2 tablespoons cornstarch and allow to thicken.30 ml Frying oil or coconut oil, ½ Piece white onion, 1 Piece Garlic clove, 50 g Carrots, 25 g Coconut blossom sugar, 1 ½ tbspn paprika powder noble sweet, Sea salt and pepper to taste, ¾ Cup vegan barbecue sauce + a little more for serving, 30 ml Water, ½ -1 tbspn liquid smoke, 2 tbspn Cornstarch, 200 g Lentils cooked
- Store Pulled Soy Pork in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for 1 month and heat in steamer for best results.