Why do vegans actually want to eat “bacon” too? Whole simple answer: Because it tastes damn good! It’s actually mostly about the gigantically delicious smoky flavor and the salty that makes up the bacon. I really like this version, especially with a Pasta with Cashew Alfredo the ultimate vegan burger with Geling guarantee, the Shawarma Scrambled Tofu or simply as a topping over a delicious Salad . I would say, here we go, right?
make vegan bacon yourself
By the way, liquid smoke is harmless and is classified as food. I did some research because I was a little unsure myself at the beginning. The smoke is produced under laboratory conditions and consists of a condensate produced when heating wood. I’ll spare you the more detailed manufacturing process, however, here are a few notes on the use and storage of liquid smoke:
- Less is more: Better to test first with less smoke flavor and then add more, as it is very intense.
- Once opened, store in a cool place, preferably in the refrigerator.
- Never use pure, but always in a mixture such as a marinade or sauce.
I hope you fall in love with this vegan bacon as much as I did. If so, I’m happy to receive a review at the very bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
HOW TO make vegan bacon yourself
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients except coconut chips in a medium bowl until well blended.15 ml high heat olive oil*, 15 ml Tamari or another soy sauce, 7,5 ml maple syrup, 7,5 ml Apple cider vinegar, 7,5 ml liquid smoke, Optional: ½ tsp paprika sweet*.
- Add coconut chips and mix well until all chips are coated with marinade. Put in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.150 g Coconut chips
- Halfway through baking time(7 minutes), stir once to ensure chips are evenly toasted.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container or canning jar in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
You are currently viewing a placeholder content from Youtube. To access the actual content, click the button below. Please note that doing so will share data with third-party providers.More Information
- Storage jar: http://amzn.to/2CImhuA