Healing vegetable broth, sounds good, right? I admit, not a very exciting recipe, or maybe it is? Sometimes you need something warming and healing, so today I present you this wonderful broth. Right now I am doing the 3-6-9 liver cleanse according to Anthony William, so I am cooking very clean. This is a 9-day cure to unburden, detoxify and rid the liver of toxins. To be honest, I wanted to do the cure once before, but then discontinued it. I just couldn’t handle cooking without salt and fat. This time I am doing the cure accompanied by a very excellent alternative practitioner and so far I am doing super well. Today is day 3 and I am curious how I will feel on day 9.
Healing vegetable broth with shiitake mushrooms
The broth is easy to make and can be wonderfully cooked in advance. It can be enjoyed with or without the cooked vegetables or pureed. I cook the broth without oil, but if you like you can always make it with a little oil. For the broth, I put carrots, celery, onion, shiitake mushrooms garlic, ginger, a cup of parsley and two quarts of water in a pot. As a little extra, I add a dried chili. Now everything together may simmer for two hours until the vegetables are cooked out.
Now you get to decide how you want to eat the soup. Either strain the vegetables and eat the broth clear, puree it, or eat it with the whole vegetable pieces. You may have noticed one more thing, because I don’t use salt in the broth. During the cure, salt and oil are taboo, so I do not use them. Of course, you can always season the broth with salt, just the way you like it best.
TIP: The broth can be wonderfully frozen. For example, large silicone ice cube molds are very suitable for this purpose. So you can portion wonderfully and do not have to waste anything. If you don’t have the opportunity to get fresh shiitake mushrooms, then I can recommend dried ones. These are simply soaked in water for an hour, the soaking water poured away, and they are ready to use.
Vegan vegetable broth easy to make yourself
Autumn is just around the corner and with it begins the season of soups, stews and warming dish. That is exactly why I love this broth so much, because it warms from the inside and has a healing effect.
This soup is just perfect for cold, dreary winter days or when you just want to do something good for yourself. If you’re in the mood for a different, warming soup today, I recommend the following recipes:
- Root vegetable soup
- Roasted cauliflower soup
- Broccoli spinach soup
- Creamy parsnip soup with ginger
- Frittata soup
- Potato leek soup
- Spicy carrot parsnip soup
- Peanut butter curry soup
- Carrot soup with ginger cream
The healing vegetable broth is:
- Simply made
Are you ready the delicious and tasty, vegan and healing broth? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Healing vegetable broth
- Cutting board
- wooden spoon
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Provide a large pot. Place carrots, celery, onion, shiitake mushrooms, garlic cloves, ginger and parsley in a pot. Add water and bring to a boil. Cook for two hours, season with salt and pepper and then decide between three options: Strain and discard cooked vegetables. Puree, or eat as a clear soup with vegetables added.340 g Carrots, 220 g Celery stalk, 140 g White onion, 145 g Shiitake mushrooms, 2 Garlic cloves, 18 g Ginger, 25 g parsley, 2000 ml Water, 1 Bird Eye Chili, Salt to taste, Pepper to taste
- Divide into plates, garnish as desired and enjoy!
- Keeps up to 2 days covered in the refrigerator, frozen several months. TIP: Freeze in silicone ice cube molds and thaw as needed.