Vegan broccoli spinach soup is perfect for days when you want to eat healthy. This can be, for example, after a weekend, a wedding or a birthday. I think of extended breakfasts, cakes and other treats. Then, when the belt is already quite tight, it’s time for a healthy soup, with few calories but full of healthy ingredients. I’m talking about a green booster here and without any side effects at all. I added croutons, but they are optional if you want to make the soup completely oil-free. Later in the text there are tips for an oil-free variant.
Vegan broccoli spinach soup
The idea for this soup came to me once again when I took a look in my fridge. There was still a good amount of fresh spinach and some nice broccoli that smiled at me. To go with it, I opted for cannellini beans to give the soup another nice creaminess and a serving of complex carbohydrates.
The preparation is simple and fast. Heat olive oil and saute chopped onion, along with garlic and cumin until translucent. Add celery, broccoli, cannellini beans, spinach and vegetable broth. At the end I add salt and pepper and the soup may simmer for 15 minutes.
TIP: If you want to make the soup completely oil-free, just sweat the onions in some water or vegetable broth. Regarding the vegetable broth, I always pay attention to organic quality and yeast-free should be.
Healthy vegan green soups
Have you maybe already got a hankering for this delicious and healthy green soup? However, if you fancy a different variation, then I have the following suggestions for you:
- Lasagna soup
- Peanut butter curry soup
- Carrot soup with ginger cream
- Roasted cauliflower soup
- Root vegetable soup
- Roasted bell bell pepper soup
- Soup with sweet potatoes and lentils
- Creamy parsnip soup with ginger
- Frittata soup
- Grandma’s chicken soup
- Butternut squash soup
The broccoli spinach soup is:
- Full of healthy ingredients
- Detox suitable
- Quick and simple
Are you ready the delicious and tasty, vegan and green soup? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Vegan broccoli spinach soup
- 15 ml Olive oil or another high-heat oil
- 1 Piece Onion red or yellow, peeled and diced
- 4 Piece Garlic cloves Peeled and finely chopped or pressed
- 1 TL Cumin seed
- 150 g Celery stalk cut into pieces
- 300 g Broccoli
- 400 g Cannellini beans (Can: 240g drained weight)
- 100 g Spinach
- 1000 ml Vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 EL Coriander fresh or ½ tsp coriander powder
- Bread croutons
- Fresh cress
- Heat large pot with oil on the stove. Add onion, garlic and cumin, stir and sweat for a few minutes. Add celery, broccoli, cannellini beans and spinach and stir well. Deglaze with vegetable stock and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.15 ml Olive oil, 1 Piece Onion, 4 Piece Garlic cloves, 1 TL Cumin seed, 150 g Celery stalk, 300 g Broccoli, 400 g Cannellini beans, 100 g Spinach, 1000 ml Vegetable broth, Salt and pepper to taste
- After the cooking time is up, transfer to a blender and blend on high speed for 60 seconds until a creamy consistency is achieved.
- Season to taste, divide among plates and garnish with bread croutons and fresh sprouts as desired.2-3 EL Coriander fresh, Bread croutons, Fresh cress
- Keeps up to 2 days covered in the refrigerator (without croutons and cress), frozen up to 4 weeks. Is very suitable for reheating.