Honestly, I wasn’t quite sure if I should post this one Recipe should post at all. why? Because it is a simple, classic and almost boring Soup is. If you look around on the blogs or on Instagram, you usually see totally wacky, perfectly staged recipes with the wackiest ingredients. On the other hand, I thought to myself that I definitely don’t want to deprive you of this delicious, autumnal soup. Leeks and Potatoes are the vegetables in the Autumn and me a little time, a few spices and a pot can start. The good soup is refined Soup with fine cashews, how does that work? You will learn more about this further down in the text.
Vegan potato leek soup
Vegan soups in autumn, how about leeks?
What can actually leeks? The vegetables are somehow so “normal” that you hardly think about them. I also usually look first at the superfoods of this world and marvel at the extremely high nutritional values. But if you just take a look around your home garden, you’ll find things as simple as leeks! The vegetable is not boring at all, but from my point of view a great, domestic superfood:
- rich in vitamin C (to be fair, it should be noted that some is lost during cooking).
- High fiber
- Folic acid (important during childbearing and pregnancy)
Let’s start with the list of ingredients. A little frying oil, garlic, onion, leek, potatoes, deglazed with vegetable broth and seasoned with cumin, bay leaf, a pinch of nutmeg, sea salt and pepper. After cooking time, it’s off to the blender, along with a small handful of Cahew nuts which provide a gigantic creaminess. I puree my soup in the Blendtec (advertising since brand name, but bought myself) and use the soup program.
Especially delicious to the soup tastes homemade Spelt roll and if you still don’t have enough of the creaminess, you can use a dash of soy cream to refine it. Voilá! To keep it from looking quite so bland (you can tell I’m stuck on the boring soup theme), I use a few more sesame seeds and some fresh rosemary for decoration.
Extra creamy potato leek soup
- Quick and simple
Are you ready to try the delicious and tasty, vegan and warming Soup ? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Potato leek soup
- 30 ml Frying oil or other high heat oil
- 2 Piece Garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Piece Onion or 2 shallots peeled and finely chopped
- 450 g Leeks washed and cut into rings (for the soup you can use the whole leek) 2 large stalks
- 500 g Potatoes peeled and cut into pieces 4 medium potatoes
- 1500 ml Vegetable broth
- 1 tbspn Cumin
- 1 Piece Bay leaf
- a pinch of nutmeg
- Sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 50 g Cashews soaked in hot water for one hour or in cold water for 6 hours
- optional spelt roll
- optional black sesame seeds
- optional olive oil
- optional soy cream
- Soak cashews in hot water for one hour (alternatively soak in cold water 6 hours before). Alternatively, if you have a really powerful high-powered blender, you don’t necessarily need to soak the seeds.
- Heat large pot with frying oil on the stove. Sauté garlic and onion until translucent.30 ml Frying oil or other high heat oil, 2 Piece Garlic cloves, 1 Piece Onion or 2 shallots
- Add leek and potato pieces and sauté for another 3 minutes until translucent. Deglaze with vegetable stock. Add cumin, bay leaf, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil.450 g Leeks, 500 g Potatoes, 1500 ml Vegetable broth, 1 tbspn Cumin, 1 Piece Bay leaf, Sea salt to taste, black pepper to taste, a pinch of nutmeg
- Once the soup boils, turn down to medium heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the cooking time is over, put the soup in a blender. Please work carefully as the liquid is very hot, add cashews and blend until a creamy soup is formed. Alternatively, use a wand or other hand mixer.50 g Cashews
- Divide soup into plates, (optionally) top with black sesame seeds, olive oil and soy cream and enjoy! Keeps up to 2 days covered in the refrigerator, frozen up to 4 weeks. Is very suitable for reheating.optional spelt roll, optional black sesame seeds, optional olive oil, optional soy cream
- Blendtec: https://amzn.to/2O5fXqI