Root vegetable soup is the answer to the numerous root vegetables that I discovered at my trusted organic greengrocer. Salsify, parsnip, parsley root and much more landed in my shopping basket last week and wanted to be cooked into something delicious. At first I thought of an oven dish, but eventually it turned into this delicious soup.
Root vegetable soup
Often, people always reach for the same vegetables and celery, carrots and potatoes end up in the shopping basket. This time it looks very different, because we cook with Parsley root, parsnip, potatoes, salsify, celery and carrots. . This soup is easy to make and incredibly delicious, especially with the varied flavors of the root vegetables.
First, I heat some olive oil in a large pot. If you’re going oil-free, you can just use some vegetable broth. In it I sweat onion and garlic and shortly after add the spices. In this case, I opted for a bay leaf, marjoram, thyme, sage and black pepper. But here you are also welcome to create your own spice blend.
Vegan soups for autumn
Add to this the root vegetables, which I cut into small cubes. Deglaze with vegetable stock, simmer for 15-20 minutes and the fine soup is ready. I generally like soups to be creamy, with some whole vegetable chunks. So I put about half in my high-powered blender and blend it super fine. Now just season to taste, add a little salt and vegetable cream and you’re done.
You might ask yourself which root vegetables go particularly well in the soup:
- Tuber winery
- Black salsify
- Parsley root
- Jerusalem artichoke
- Sweet potato
This soup is just perfect when you have leftover veggies in the fridge and don’t know what to do with them. If you’re after another warming soup today, I recommend the following recipes:
- Grandma’s chicken soup
- Butternut squash soup
- Potato leek soup
- Roasted cauliflower soup
- Creamy parsnip soup with ginger
- Frittata soup
- Tuscan bean soup
- Peanut butter curry soup
- Carrot soup with ginger cream
- Lentil soup
- Mung Dal soup
- Spicy parsnip soup
The root vegetable soup is:
- Quick and simple
Are you ready the delicious and tasty,vegan and warming soup? I wish you a lot of fun with the re-cookingand of course about a rating at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Root vegetable soup (v & gf)
- 30 ml Olive oil or another high-heat oil
- 1 Piece Onion red or yellow, peeled and diced
- 2 Piece Garlic cloves Peeled and finely chopped or pressed
- 1 Piece Bay leaf
- 1 tbspn Marjoram
- 1 tbspn Thyme
- ½ tbspn Rosemary
- ½ tbspn Sage
- ½ tbspn Pepper
- 800 g Root vegetables cut into cubes, I use parsley root, parsnip, carrots, salsify, potatoes and celery
- 1000 ml Vegetable broth
- Salt to taste
- Fresh herbs to taste
- Black sesame
- Vegetable cream
- Fresh baguette
- Heat large pot with oil on the stove. Add the onion and garlic, stir and sweat for a few minutes. Add in the garlic cloves, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, sage and pepper and continue to stir.30 ml Olive oil, 1 Piece Onion, 2 Piece Garlic cloves, 1 Piece Bay leaf, 1 tbspn Marjoram, 1 tbspn Thyme, ½ tbspn Rosemary, ½ tbspn Sage, ½ tbspn Pepper
- Add the root vegetables and sauté for 5-8 minutes. Then deglaze with vegetable broth.800 g Root vegetables, 1000 ml Vegetable broth
- Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, over medium heat for 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender but still firm to the bite.
- OPTIONAL : Put a few scoops or the whole soup in a blender (or use a magic wand) and puree until fine. Season to taste and add salt if necessary.Salt to taste
- Finish with vegetable cream and divide into plates, garnish with cream and herbs and enjoy!Fresh herbs to taste, Black sesame, Vegetable cream, Fresh baguette
- Keeps up to 2 days covered in the refrigerator, frozen up to 4 weeks. Is very suitable for reheating.