A wild garlic potato Soup is one of the things that currently help me through this time. It’s up and down and I’m always wavering between “oh it’ll be okay” and “sh….. what’s actually going on here?”. Especially in times of crisis you need something solid, something down-to-earth, which gives you a feeling of security. Potatoes potatoes belong to it in any case and of course also the wild garlic. Wild vegetables grow in our homeland and are there for us even in the greatest crisis. Without long transport routes, it comes into our kitchen without much loss of nutrients and enchants with a unique taste. Of course, you don’t necessarily need a Corona Crisis to enjoy this delightful soup. If I’m being honest, I still incorporated something exotic and that was a Coconut milk . The longing in times of worldwide travel warnings, to roam mentally in distant lands, I let me then but so simply not taken.
Vegan wild garlic potato soup
This Soup is so easy and quick to make, you could almost say you can whip it up on the fly. A little oil, onion, garlic, potatoes, wild garlic, vegetable broth, coconut milk, salt and pepper. That’s all it’s going to be my dears!
At first I was a little skeptical whether the coconut really fits so well with it. But then the result was more than clear, because it was more than excellent. Sometimes I really struggle with the simple hard and then try convulsively to pack even more flavors with it. Enough of that, because today restraint is called for.
If you don’t have coconut milk at home, feel free to add vegetable cream, no problem. Alternatively, a Cashew cream for a fine nutty-creamy touch.
How healthy is actually wild garlic?
Wild garlic (allium ursinum) is one of the best known and most popular wild herbs in Germany. I must confess that I do not collect it myself in the woods, as the risk of confusion with the poisonous lily of the valley and autumn season roses is too great for me. I really hope to do a wild herb tour with an expert sometime in the foreseeable future, that would be so great. Learning all you can and knowing what herbs you can eat on your own doorstep. Here are the most important facts about wild garlic:
- Garlic-like Taste
- Very Low calorie With 19 kcal per 100g
- Rich in Vitamin C (has an antioxidant effect)
- Rich in Folic acid 17mg per 100g (important for cell division, especially for pregnant women)
- Rich in Potassium with 336mg per 100g (important for acid-base balance and nerve impulses)
- Rich in minerals Calcium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus
TIPS: I prefer to buy wild garlic fresh at my favorite organic supermarket, but you can also get it at weekly markets and directly from greengrocers. With a little knowledge, you can also pick it yourself or grow it in your own garden. Do you have any experiences you would like to share? Then feel free to comment below in the text.
The vegan wild garlic potato soup is:
- Spicy hot
- Full of healthy Ingredients
- Fast and simple
Are you ready to try the delicious and tasty, vegan and warming wild garlic Soup ? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Wild garlic potato soup vegan
- 30 ml Frying oil or other high heat oil feel free to omit if oil-free
- 1 red onion or 2 shallots peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Piece Garlic cloves Peeled and finely chopped or pressed
- 100 g Wild garlic washed and cut into coarse pieces, equivalent to (1 bunch)
- 500 g Potatoes peeled and cut into pieces, corresponds to approx. 4-5 medium potatoes, for early potatoes simply weigh out
- 30 g Soup powder vegan and organic
- 1000 ml Water
- 400 ml Coconut milk corresponds to one can
- ½ – 1 tbspn Salt
- Pepper to taste
FOR REFINING (optional with coconut milk):
- 100 ml Vegetable cream
- 50-100 ml Cashew cream homemade
- Heat pot with frying oil.30 ml Frying oil or other high heat oil
- Add onion and garlic and sauté briefly while stirring.1 red onion or 2 shallots, 2 Piece Garlic cloves
- Add potatoes, wild garlic, soup powder, water, coconut milk, , salt and pepper and boil once.100 g Wild garlic, 500 g Potatoes, 30 g Soup powder, 1000 ml Water, 400 ml Coconut milk, ½ – 1 tbspn Salt, Pepper to taste
- Simmer for about 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Puree finely with a hand blender or high-powered blender.
- At the end of the cooking time (optional), finish with vegetable cream and divide into plates.100 ml Vegetable cream, 50-100 ml Cashew cream
- Garnish as desired, serve and enjoy!Spelt roll, Spelt bread, Fresh sourdough bread, Sesame, Sprouts, Black cumin seed