Sweet potato and bean stew is exactly what Food , which I love so much at the moment. It feels like we’ve had more or less April weather since December and it alternates between warm, cold, snowfall, sleet and everything else that goes with it. I’m a huge fan of cold weather, but please no dingy wet and cold. It gives me chills just thinking about it. This is exactly why I love stews, because they just give you everything you need. Just the color of this Recipe makes already right mood, as I find. When I take a look at the weather forecast, I’m already looking forward to the coming weeks. It remains soups and stews time! Yhuhuu!
Sweet potato and beans stew my loves
The stew is once again quickly made and you do not need exotic ingredients for it. Sweet potatoes Onion, garlic, tomato paste, passata (or canned tomatoes), white beans ( Cannellini beans ), Carrots zucchini, vegetable broth, rosemary, thyme, turmeric, coconut blossom sugar, pepper and a little salt. The whole is then put into a large pot, cover it, simmer for 20 minutes and the stew is ready, which literally makes you warm around the heart.
How healthy are white beans?
Let’s take a closer look at white beans today. I’ve become an extreme fan of beans of all kinds and also try to put some on the table every day. Whether in the form of hummus or other Spreads , Soups , stews, main dishes or also with the Baking . Here I am just thinking about the cookies with Chickpeas , Yummy! By the way, this tasty candy can also be used to trick children quite well by simply sneaking some legumes into their cookies. Let’s take another closer look at white beans. Cannellini Beans originate from America and South America and are packed with nutritional benefits for the human body:
- Rich in valuable vegetable proteins (energy supply and satiety)
- Antioxidants, fiber and iron
- Vitamin K
- Phosphorus, copper, manganese, potassium and molybdenum
- Magnesium (arterial health and blood flow)
- flavonoids and pytochemicals (to help eliminate toxins from the body)
- are associated with a lower incidence of cardiovascular disease, as well as prostate and colon cancer
I could go on endlessly with the list of positive qualities and there are also few disadvantages that could come along with eating beans.
TIPS: To make beans generally easier to digest, it is important to soak and cook them. I don’t know anyone who eats beans raw, but you never know. If you are using dried beans, it is best to soak them overnight and then cook them until soft according to package instructions. I like to use ready cooked beans from PVC free cans and soak them in cold water for another 30 minutes before processing. Experience has shown that they are then easier to digest (this statement is based on personal experience in terms of gas formation, if you know what I mean). In addition Phytic acid degraded, a so-called anti-nutrient that inhibits the absorption of nutrients. Boiling and soaking partially breaks down the undesirable acidity, provided the cooking water is not used further.
Vegan stews are like balm for the soul
- Rich in Fiber and protein
- Easy to make
Sweet potato and beans stew (30 minutes)
- 30 ml Frying oil or other high heat oil if oil free use vegetable broth
- 2 Piece Garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped, alternatively 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 Piece red onion and 2 shallots peeled and finely chopped
- 30 g Tomato paste
- 3 Piece medium carrot slice
- 1 Piece large zucchini washed and sliced
- 500 g Sweet potatoes cleaned and cut into cubes
- 1 Liter Vegetable broth
- 250 g Tomato pieces or passata Equivalent to 1 can or jar
- 240 g Cannellini beans – drained and washed – or a jar before draining alternatively use other beans of choice
- ½ tbspn Rosemary dried
- ½ tbspn Thyme dried
- 1 tbspn Turmeric
- 1 tbspn Coconut blossom sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley
- optional wholemeal bread
- optional naan bread
- optional roasted pine nuts
- Heat large pot with the frying oil on the stove. Sauté garlic and onion until translucent. Add tomato paste and stir briefly.30 ml Frying oil or other high heat oil, 2 Piece Garlic cloves, 1 Piece red onion and 2 shallots, 30 g Tomato paste
- Add carrots, zucchini and sweet potatoes and sauté for another 3-5 minutes.3 Piece medium carrot, 1 Piece large zucchini, 500 g Sweet potatoes
- Deglaze with vegetable broth, add tomato pieces, white beans, rosemary, thyme, turmeric, coconut blossom sugar. Stir, season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in optional kale.1 Liter Vegetable broth, 250 g Tomato pieces or passata, 240 g Cannellini beans – drained and washed – or a jar before draining, ½ tbspn Rosemary, ½ tbspn Thyme, 1 tbspn Turmeric, 1 tbspn Coconut blossom sugar, Salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat until the vegetables are nice and soft.Fresh parsley, optional wholemeal bread, optional naan bread, optional roasted pine nuts
- Divide soup into plates, garnish with (optional) parsley and serve. enjoy! Keeps up to 2 days covered in the refrigerator, frozen up to 4 weeks. Is very suitable for reheating.