Potato gratin, my great love. How could I have lived without you for so long? Joking aside, for far too long there was no decent potato gratin on veganevibes.de and yet it is so easy to make. The only thing you need is a handful of ingredients and a little extra time. With these shades of gray that November brings with it, you get in a good mood just looking at the yellow Potatoes good mood. Gray fog clouds don’t really make you happy. Somehow you drag yourself through the day, but really good mood looks different. But maybe I just need to change my attitude about it? Feel free to write me below in the comments how you’re doing in the gray grayness of November.
Vegan potato gratin? As delicious as never before …
I make my version with coconut milk, but it also works wonderfully with another Vegetable cream . Some people don’t like the coconut flavor as much, so it’s always good to have alternatives on hand. Otherwise, it is helpful to use a mandoline for cutting the Potatoes to use. These are those graters with a super sharp knife that cut potatoes and other vegetables very finely. Sorry, but now I have to think of those sales shows on various shopping channels (*laughs). Since I don’t own such a tool, I just used an ordinary paring knife and that worked quite easily.
To all gratin lovers out there
Mainly waxy potatoes, onion, coconut milk, Vegetable milk , garlic granules (or fresh garlic), thyme, bay leaf, spicy mustard and yeast flakes. Everything? Yes!
Actually, the only question that remains is whether Potatoes are actually healthy? The yellow tuber is usually presented as very unhealthy, but this is not necessarily due to the ingredients. It is mainly the processing method that makes it a real junk food. I’m thinking of the endless bags of potato chips, chips and other ready meals that you find in supermarkets. It’s worth it to cook your own fresh food without any side effects.
TIP: For more information on potatoes and the ingredients in detail, see the article “ Baked potatoes with peas “.
Vegan Christmas can come
Our today’s dish is in any case the perfect side dish to many Main dishes , or can be used as such itself (for example, with a large, colorful salad). In particular I think of the festive Nut roast or the vegan roast with a delicious sauce. Maybe you’re still looking for tips for a full Christmas menu? Then I recommend you my E-Book or click through the recipes with the tag #Christmas or #Winter .
The potato gratin (daouphinoise) is incredible:
- simple to be produced
- Good combinable
- Extremely tasty
I wish you a lot of fun with the re-cooking and of course I am happy about a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes
Potato gratin (Dauphinoise)
- 1 kg Potatoes (mainly waxy) cut into very fine slices, use mandoline or paring knife
- 1 Piece large red onion cut into fine rings
- ½ tbspn Garlic granules alternatively 2 fresh cloves pressed or finely chopped
- 1 Can Can of coconut milk (400ml) alternatively use soy cream or another vegetable cream
- 250 ml Plant milk I use almond milk
- 1 tbspn Thyme dried or 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 tbspn spicy mustard alternatively 2 tsp mustard seeds, mortared
- 2 tbspn Yeast flakes
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees convection.
- Heat large pot and pour in a sip of coconut milk. If using vegetable cream, use 1 tablespoon of frying oil.1 Can Can of coconut milk
- Add onion, garlic granules, thyme, bay leaf, hot mustard, yeast flakes and stir once until everything is combined.1 Piece large red onion, ½ tbspn Garlic granules, 1 tbspn Thyme, 1 Bay leaf, 3 tbspn spicy mustard, 2 tbspn Yeast flakes
- Add potato slices, pour the remaining coconut milk and vegetable milk. Stir and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and season to taste.1 kg Potatoes (mainly waxy), 1 Can Can of coconut milk, 250 ml Plant milk, Salt to taste, Pepper to taste
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes, then pour directly into the baking dish.
- Cover with baking paper (cut off any protruding ends) or another lid. Bake for 20 minutes .
- Remove from oven, remove baking paper and bake for another 20 minutes until a nice golden brown crust is formed.
- Remove from oven, let set for 5 minutes and serve.
- Enjoy immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or steamer.