Spicy lentils on puree my dears is a simple, very tasty dish for which I have long searched for a suitable name. In English, some things sound so much better and more fluent than in German. Do you know it? Feel free to comment below in the comments.
Spicy lentils on puree
The dish consists of aromatically spiced Pardina lentils, bedded on a delicious mash of potatoes and sweet potatoes. There is already a recipe for mashed potatoes on veganevibes.de and I simply replaced half of the potatoes with sweet potatoes. The reason was the color, as a pure mashed potato was a little too pale for me in contrast du the lentils. However, if you like, you can also serve a classic mashed potato or a pure sweet potato mash with it.
The lentils are first boiled with water until they are cooked through but still firm to the bite. Then I sweat the onion and garlic in a little oil and add the cooked lentils. Refine the legumes with tamari, garam masala, salt, pepper and a Bird Eye chili (or other chili of choice).
TIP: Instead of garam masala, you can also use another spice blend of your choice. I can imagine a curry or tandoori mixture very well.
Vegan lentil dishes simple and fast
This simple dish with lentils provides you with plenty of vegetable protein and fiber. Pardina lentils are low in calories and high in antioxidants. The fine lentils are grown mainly in Spain and convince with their bite, which they do not lose even by cooking.
In addition, they are also very low in fat. Sounds good, doesn’t it? It is. The complex dietary fibers it contains ensure long-lasting satiety and stable blood sugar.
TIP: Pardina lentils do not need to be soaked. Simply boil them with three to four times the amount of water and after 20-40 minutes (depending on the degree of bite you want) they are ready!
If you are looking for another quick and healthy recipe with lentils today, I have the following suggestions for you:
- Soup with sweet potatoes and lentils
- Pumpkin radicchio salad
- Quinoa Red Lentil Puffer with Harissa Yogurt
- Salad with beluga lentils and mango
- Eggplant moussaka
- Vegan lentil salad with leeks
- Vegan cannelloni
- Delicious lentil soup for every day
The Spicy Lentils on Puree are:
- High protein
- Easy to make
Craving this healthy, hearty dish with savory lentils? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Spicy lentils on puree
- 200 g Pardina lentils uncooked, alternatively use other lentils of choice
- 600 ml Water
- 15 ml Olive oil more at will
- 1 Piece white onion peeled and diced
- 2 Piece Garlic cloves pressed or finely diced
- 15 ml Tamari or any other soy sauce of your choice
- 1 tbspn Garam Masala
- 1 tbspn Salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Bird Eye Chili
- Mashed potatoes gladly replace 50% with sweet potatoes
- Fresh parsley
- Pine nuts dry roasted in the pan
- Red onion peeled and cut into fine strips
- Prepare a portion of mashed potatoes to taste.
- Provide a pot, put lentils and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes. Check that the lentils are firm to the bite. If so, remove from heat and drain. If the lentils are not yet cooked enough, continue to simmer for a few minutes,200 g Pardina lentils, 600 ml Water
- Heat a frying pan or pot until hot. Pour in the oil and sauté the onion and garlic.15 ml Olive oil, 1 Piece white onion, 2 Piece Garlic cloves
- Add the cooked Pardina lentils, tamari, garam masala, salt, pepper and chili and stir vigorously. Simmer for 5-10 minutes at medium temperature, stirring occasionally. Taste and season if necessary.200 g Pardina lentils, 15 ml Tamari, 1 tbspn Garam Masala, 1 tbspn Salt, Pepper to taste, 1 Bird Eye Chili
- Divide puree among plates, the lentils and finish with fresh parsley, pine nuts, red onion or other toppings of choice. enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days (without puree) or freeze.Mashed potatoes, Fresh parsley, Pine nuts, Red onion