Simple Chickpea Stir-Fry with delicious chickpeas and vegetables is the perfect dish for weekdays! We are back from Stuben am Arlberg, where I spent my birthday again this year. It is just wonderful there and we had super good weather. Last year we were there too, but the rain and cold weather threw a spanner in the works. The hike on my birthday was a bit muddy, to say the least. Quite the opposite of this year with abundant sunshine, good mood and super delicious food. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably already seen some of the impressions I’ve shared there. If you don’t follow me yet, you can find me at the following link.
Simple chickpea stir-fry
The simple Chickpea Stir Fry fully lives up to my standards of making simple and delicious dishes. First, I put a tablespoon of oil in the pan and heat it. Then a red onion comes with it, garlic, red bell pepper and zucchini. Stir all of this once briefly, cover and steam until the vegetables are nice and soft but still firm to the bite. Now I add frozen spinach, sesame seeds and chickpeas. The only thing missing is a delicious sauce.
To make this, I put maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, tamari, almond paste and tahini in a small bowl and stir until smooth. The sauce is then added directly to the pan and mixed in. Perfect!
TIP: This stir-fry tastes wonderful simply on its own or together with rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice.
Fast vegan cuisine
This simple dish scores not only for its quick preparation, but also for its healthy ingredients. Chickpeas have a high content of complex fiber, antioxidants and protein, with a very low fat content. The dietary fiber provides long saturation and ensures that blood sugar is not subject to excessive fluctuations.
As you can see, our dish today is not only incredibly delicious, but also healthy and rich in important fiber, vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals.
If you are looking for other quick and healthy recipes today, I have the following suggestions for you:
- Chickpeas Tikka Masala
- Vegan jambalaya
- Burger with black beans
- Falafel patties with black beans
- Eggplant tomato pan
- Quick Masala Chickpea Curry
- Burritos with Spanish rice and tempeh
The quick chickpea stir-fry is:
- High protein
- Easy to make
Craving this healthy, hearty stir-fry? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Simple chickpea stir-fry
FOR CHICKPEA PAN:
- 15 ml Olive oil more at will
- 1 Piece red onion peeled and diced
- 2 Piece Garlic cloves peeled and pressed
- 1 Piece red bell bell pepper Core removed and cut into strips
- 1 Piece Zucchini halved and sliced
- 150 g Spinach Frozen
- 1 tbspn Sesame seeds
- 400 g Chickpeas Strained and washed well
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 15 ml maple syrup
- 30 ml Tamari or any other soy sauce of your choice
- 15 g Tahini
- 15 ml Rice wine vinegar
- 15 g Almond paste
- Sesame seeds
- Fresh coriander leaf
- Basmati rice optional
- Light and dark sesame seeds
- If serving rice as a side dish, prepare now.Basmati rice
- FOR THE CHICKPEA PAN Heat a frying pan or pot until hot. Pour in the oil and sauté the onion and garlic.15 ml Olive oil, 1 Piece red onion, 2 Piece Garlic cloves
- Add red bell bell pepper and zucchini. Stir, cover and steam for 10 minutes.1 Piece red bell bell pepper, 1 Piece Zucchini
- In the meantime SAUCE make To do this, provide a small bowl, add maple syrup, tamari, tahini, rice wine vinegar and almond paste and stir until everything is evenly combined. Set aside.30 ml Tamari, 15 g Tahini, 15 ml Rice wine vinegar, 15 g Almond paste, 15 ml maple syrup
- Once the vegetables have softened a bit, add the spinach, chickpeas and sesame seeds and stir to thaw. Add the sauce and bring to the boil again. Season to taste and divide into plates.150 g Spinach, 400 g Chickpeas, 1 tbspn Sesame seeds
- Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days (without rice) or freeze.Sesame seeds, Fresh coriander leaf, Light and dark sesame seeds