Pizza Bianca with Pizen or “Jane Birkin” at the best vegan pizza place in Munich. Maybe you’ve heard of Doctor Drooley and have enjoyed their sensational vegan pizzas. I have been there several times and am extremely happy with my chance find. The pizzas at Docotor Drooley are all vegan and unspeakably delicious. I fell in love with the “Jane Birkin”, a pizza with a light base of cashews, a topping of finely shaved mushrooms, truffle oil and chili. Of course, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to recreate this fine pizza in my kitchen. The result is a delicious variant that for once does without the classic tomato sauce.
Vegan Pizza Bianca with mushrooms
I make the dough according to my recipe for easy vegan pizza. Then it’s on to the light pizza sauce, which I make with cashews, oat milk, garlic cloves, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast flakes. This all goes together in the blender and is processed into a fine cream. Now only the mushrooms are missing, which I grate very finely in a mandolin. These were also the basics for the pizza. Otherwise, I can still recommend truffle oil and a little chili as a topping, which makes the whole really very fine.
Vegan Italian pizza recipes
I love Italian food and pizza is the absolute classic. That’s why there are already a handful of recipes for delicious pizzas on this blog that I can absolutely recommend:
- Pizza with grilled eggplant and arugula
- Berbere spelt pizza with tahini dressing
- Pizza yoga with hummus and pumpkin
- Green Forest Pizza
- Pizza rolls with pesto and mushrooms
- Pizza with ricotta and green asparagus
- Simple Pizza Mozzarella
- Tex Mex pizza with vegan mayo
- Simple vegan pizza
- Crispy Tandoori Spelt Pizza
The Pizza Bianca with mushrooms is:
- Quickly made
Perfect for a vegan lunch or dinner that makes really good mood and tastes super good. I wish you a lot of fun with the Nachbacken and of course about a rating at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, feel free to use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Pizza Bianca with mushrooms
FOR THE PIZZA BASE:
FOR THE LIGHT CREAM:
TO LOOK + Topping:
- 250 g fresh mushrooms
- Truffle oil to taste
- Fresh chili to taste
- Basil to taste
- FOR THE PIZZA DOUGH put all the ingredients in order in a high-powered blender and process with the dough program until smooth. Alternatively, put everything in a bowl and mix by hand or food processor (with dough hook) until smooth. The dough should be neither too runny nor too dry and should come away from the edge of the bowl. Cover and let rise at room temperature for 30 minutes (minimum) to an hour. NOTE: The dough does not like cold air, drafts or direct sunlight.170 ml lukewarm water, ½ Pack Dry yeast, 1 TL Raw cane sugar, 1 TL Cumin, ½ TL Salt, 250 g fine spelt flour
- In between the BRIGHT CREAM prepare. To make this, place cashews, unsweetened vegetable milk, garlic cloves, salt and pepper in a blender and blend to a smooth sauce. Set aside.120 g Cashews, 180 ml unsweetened vegetable milk, 2 Piece garlic cloves or 1 tsp garlic granules, ½ TL Salt, Pepper to taste, 2 EL Nutritional yeast flakes
- Grate mushrooms very finely with a mandoline and set aside.250 g fresh mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (pizza level or intensive heat) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove pizza dough from bowl after rising time and knead on a floured work surface for 1-2 minutes. Roll out with a pastry roller to a round dough and spread on the baking paper. The dough should approximately fill the baking tray.
- Spread light sauce evenly with a spoon and top with mushrooms. Put in the oven.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven, finish with chili, truffle oil and basil and enjoy!Truffle oil to taste, Fresh chili to taste, Basil to taste