The asphalt is burning, but there is a cool sea breeze. Slowly the restaurants open their doors and the first beachgoers sit with a delicious aperitif at the edge of the beach promenade. The pizza maker stokes the wood-fired oven and I take a peek at the menu. Vegan pizza Mozzarella! Yuhuu! Finally, an all-vegetable wood-fired pizza in Italy. I twitch and wake up from my dream. Unfortunately, I am lying on my couch here in Germany. But now comes the good news: Today we make a vegan Pizza Mozzarella , simply delicious and with a damn crispy base. Almost like in Bella Italia.
Mozzarella yes, but please without “moohh”.
What is a must have in any household that has a kitchen? Dry yeast. I always have a few packs in at home, because you could always spontaneously make a Pizza could make. Fine spelt flour, water, salt, raw cane sugar and cumin for a particularly delicate touch. Another little tip about spelt flour, the finer the better! Spelt is unfortunately not gluten-free, but I’m working on a gluten-free version, I promise!
Pizza with vegan mozzarella, pure addictiveness!
The pizza is topped in a minimalist way:
- vegan homemade mozzarella cheese
- quick homemade tomato sauce
- fresh basil
- to refine there is a maximum of some pizza seasoning, vegan parmesan olive oil
The simple pizza mozzarella is vegan:
- Quickly made
Perfect for a vegan Lunch or dinner , almost like a short trip to Italy. I wish you a lot of fun with the Nachbacken and of course about a rating at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes
Simple Pizza Mozzarella (vegan)
FOR THE PIZZA BASE:
FOR THE TOMATO SAUCE:
- 1 Portion vegan mozzarella
- Fresh basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pizza seasoning
- FOR THE PIZZA DOUGH put all the ingredients in order in a high-powered blender and process with the dough program until smooth. Alternatively, put everything in a bowl and mix by hand or food processor (with dough hook) until smooth. The dough should be neither too runny nor too dry and should come away from the edge of the bowl. Cover and let rise at room temperature for 30 minutes (minimum) to an hour.NOTE: The dough does not like cold air, drafts or direct sunlight.170 ml lukewarm water, ½ Pack Yeast or 1 tsp dry yeast, 1 tbspn Raw cane sugar, 1 tbspn Cumin, ½ tbspn Salt, 250 g fine spelt flour
- In the meantime TOMATE SAUCE prepare. To do this, place everything in a blender and blend to a smooth sauce. Set aside.1 tbspn Tomato paste, ½ tbspn Salt, 1 tbspn Basil, Optional: 1-2 dried tomatoes preserved in oil, 240 g peeled and diced tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees (pizza level or intensive heat) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove pizza dough from bowl after rising time and knead on a floured work surface for 1-2 minutes. Roll out with a pastry roller to a round dough and spread on the baking paper. The dough should approximately fill the baking tray.
- Spread tomato sauce evenly with a spoon and top with Mozzarella top. Place in oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool briefly, add pizza seasoning, basil and olive oil and portion.1 Portion vegan mozzarella
- Keeps up to 2 days covered in the refrigerator, but best fresh!Fresh basil, Extra virgin olive oil, Pizza seasoning