I am back from beautiful Austria where I participated in a great yoga retreat. It was really wonderful, with nice people, yoga and vegan food. Finally you don’t feel like the eternal Quota vegan and it is “normal” to eat plant-based. The chef was also really creative and I have of course again copied some for you. Besides the great food, it was also very nice to just be outside and discover new things. All alone without partner, joy, family and pets. I have now firmly resolved to do this once a year. A mini-retreat all to myself.
Beans? Boring? Then you haven’t really gotten to know them yet
Again and again I am amazed what people have so against Beans have. The arguments range from ‘I don’t tolerate it’, ‘I get flatulence’ to ‘I find it disgusting, it makes me sick’. Admittedly, I also had a few problems at the beginning with Beans but they have completely subsided over time. The body simply needs its time to adjust to new foods in digestion. I think you have to give beans a chance, especially because they are so incredibly healthy.
Among other things they contain:
- Valuable vegetable protein
- Important dietary fiber
- B vitamins and beta-carotene (precursor of Vitamin A)
- Important minerals such as calcium, magnesium and potassium
I hope the above reasons can convince you to incorporate more beans into your diet.
Give the salad a chance
Our bean salad today is really quick to make, provided you use ready-cooked beans from a can or jar. Otherwise, you can also soak the beans in cold water overnight first and then cook them according to package instructions. Add cucumbers, tomatoes and onion and a hearty vinaigrette of vinegar, oil, maple syrup, salt, pepper and fresh or dried herbs to taste. Tip for those who would like to save on oil or do without it completely: Simply replace with vegetable broth.
This delicious bean salad goes perfectly with Burgers , combined with other salads, or with some bread as a main course.
The simple 3 bean salad is:
- Super nutritious
- Perfect with grilled food or burgers
Well, did you get a hankering for this delicious vegan 3 bean… Salad ? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Simple 3 beans salad
FOR THE SALAD:
- 240 g Cannellini beans – drained and washed or a jar before draining, alternatively use other beans of your choice.
- 240 g Kidney beans – drained and washed or a jar before draining, alternatively use other beans of your choice.
- 240 g Chickpeas – drained* and washed or a jar before draining, alternatively use other beans of your choice.
- 110 g red onion – finely chopped Equivalent to one medium sized onion
- 150 g Cucumber diced
- 250 g Tomatoes Stalk removed and diced
- 30 ml Olive oil or another vegetable oil (e.g.linseed oil2 tbsp. for an oil-free version use vegetable broth
- 30 ml Balsamic vinegar or other vinegar of your choice
- 15 ml maple syrup or other sweetener of choice
- 5 g dried rosemary or 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- A good pinch of sea salt
- A good pinch of pepper
- Fresh parsley greens to taste
- Sourdough bread
- Spelt roll
- Place beans, cucumber, tomatoes and onion in a large salad bowl. Set aside.240 g Cannellini beans – drained and washed, 240 g Kidney beans – drained and washed, 240 g Chickpeas – drained* and washed, 110 g red onion – finely chopped, 150 g Cucumber, 250 g Tomatoes
- Dressing mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, rosemary, sea salt and pepper. Taste.30 ml Olive oil or another vegetable oil (e.g.linseed oil2 tbsp., 30 ml Balsamic vinegar, 15 ml maple syrup, 5 g dried rosemary, A good pinch of pepper, A good pinch of sea salt
- Pour dressing over salad, add parsley to taste and stir well once with salad servers until everything is combined.Fresh parsley greens to taste, Burger, Sourdough bread, Spelt roll
- Keeps up to 5 days in the refrigerator, best in the first 2-3 days.
- Salad bowl: http://amzn.to/2A3zWvs