Sometimes it just has to be quick and, above all, healthy. I’m thinking of a salad with potential to become your favorite. The salad gets a special nutritional kick from the addition of sprouts and seeds. What is actually so extraordinary about sprouts? More about that later. The special thing about this salad is actually its simplicity. My personal highlight is the Balsamic dressing no wonder that it comes several times a week on the table with me.
Favorite salad with sprouts and seeds
Salads are fun, especially because they are so incredibly versatile. Candied nuts, sweet fruits, topped with fried tofu or just plain salad. Everything is possible. For this recipe, I focused on the essentials. Fine arugula forms the basis, although all kinds of other lettuce can also be used here. Add to this fruity cherry tomatoes and? No more and no less. And what about the nutrient boost? This comes mainly from the use of sprouts.
Are sprouts healthy?
The answer to this question is a resounding yes:
- Sprouts are little powerhouses and are full of vitamins, minerals and trace elements
- especially rich in vitamin C, B vitamins and vitamin A
- rich in calcium, magnesium and phosphorus
The only question is whether you should germinate the sprouts yourself or simply buy them at the organic market? It really depends on how much effort you want to put in. Grow sprouts is actually very simple, it still takes a few days and the little powerhouses need to be cared for and rinsed. In the organic market, it’s just a hand movement to the shelf and you’re done.
A page with a lot of information about germination can be found here: https://www.mein-schoener-garten.de/gartenpraxis/nutzgaerten/keimsprossen-selber-ziehen-3026
This vegan salad has super powers
But something else makes the salad special: The dressing . It’s not fancy, but it tastes pretty darn delicious. Balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and a dash of maple syrup. Voila. Mixed seeds and dried tomatoes add a crunchy touch. YUMMY!
The favorite healthy salad with sprouts and seeds (15 minutes):
- Super nutritious
- Perfect light dish
Well, did you get a craving for this delicious vegan salad? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Favorite healthy salad with sprouts and seeds (15 minutes)
FOR THE FAVORITE SALAD:
- 170-200 g mixed green salad
- 150 g Cherry tomatoes halved
- 16 g mixed seeds e.g. sunflower seeds, buckwheat seeds, dried tomatoes, etc. mixed by yourself or bought ready-made
- 1 Bowl sprouts e.g. broccoli sprouts, radishes, alfalfa or the like
FOR THE DRESSING:
- For the dressing: put all the ingredients in a small blender, jar or just a bowl and mix well until you have a creamy dressing.15 ml Balsamic vinegar, 45 ml Olive oil, 7,5 ml maple syrup, a good pinch of sea salt, a good pinch of pepper, 15 ml Filtered water
- To serve, place arugula and cherry tomatoes on 2 large or 4 divide into small plates, decorate with sprouts and seeds, pour the dressing on top and sprinkle with fresh Spelt bread and serve with almond-based cream cheese.170-200 g mixed green salad, 150 g Cherry tomatoes, 16 g mixed seeds, Spelt bread (homemade), Spelt roll (homemade), Almond based cream cheese, 1 Bowl sprouts
- Tastes best fresh.
- Salad bowl: http://amzn.to/2A3zWvs