Tomato Mozzarella, how I have missed you. It’s been so long since I’ve eaten this dish, until I was waiting for the vegan mozzarella recipe finally had ready. Then only the tomatoes are missing and voilà, the Italian classic is perfect. It all sounds pretty simple, and it is. My husband was immediately so excited that I had to make him the vegan caprese now the third time. Fruity juicy tomatoes, delicious mozzarella, fresh basil and a great vinaigrette with balsamic. Who would say no to that? yes? Then let’s get started.
Vegan Caprese – Tomato Mozzarella , Baby!
Plan on 15 minutes of time, a cutting board and a good mood. That’s all you need. The tomatoes should be nice and big and ripe, although this is not a problem in the summer. I always look for organic quality and regionality, because it simply tastes better and does something good for the environment. Not to be underestimated, organic vegetables are richer in vitamins and minerals. why? This is mainly due to the quality of the soil, because it determines how high quality micronutrients are absorbed.
How healthy are actually tomatoes?
In our latitudes, they are not necessarily called superfoods, such as goji berries or chia seeds.
Nevertheless, one should not underestimate the healthy properties:
- rich in vitamins A, B, C and E
- Dietary fiber
- Lypcopene (protects against free radicals, has antioxidant & anticarcinogenic effects).
- low calorie with 94% water and only 17 calories per 100g
Vegan Tomato Mozzarella Vibes
Now all that’s missing is a good one, vegan mozzarella . There are also the variants from the supermarket, but I have never tested. Do you have any experience or product tips? Then feel free to comment below. I prefer to make my own mozza though! It’s quick, uncomplicated and tasty. Click here for the recipe .
The dish is also particularly suitable for barbecues, as it can be prepared in advance. The vinaigrette can be bottled separately and then goes on top of the caprese when eaten.
I find fresh baguette especially delicious with it (yes it’s carbs, but it tastes!) and a handful of pumpkin seeds, why? Because pumpkin seeds are particularly rich in many different minerals. Health-to-go so to speak!
Depending on whether the dish is a Lunch or dinner Depending on whether the dish is to be served on its own or as a menu, you can vary the portion sizes. Vegan grilled sausages, for example, are very tasty with it.
Tomato Mozzarella (Caprese) vegan:
- Super fast made
- rich in vitamin C
I hope you got a taste for my summer caprese? If so, I’m happy to receive a review at the very bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Tomato Mozzarella (Caprese) vegan (15 minutes)
FOR THE TOMATO MOZZARELLA:
- 125 g Mozzarella vegan
- 300 g Tomatoes washed, freed from the stalk and cut into slices
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
- Fresh basil
- Pumpkin seeds to taste
- Mozzarella and tomatoes in a circle on two flat plates.125 g Mozzarella vegan, 300 g Tomatoes
- Place all ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl or blender and mix well until evenly combined.15 ml Balsamic vinegar, 45 ml Olive oil cold pressed, 7,5 ml maple syrup, a good pinch of sea salt, a good pinch of pepper, 15 ml Filtered water
- Divide vinagrette evenly between the two plates.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and pumpkin seeds and enjoy!Fresh basil, Pumpkin seeds to taste
- Best fresh, keeps prepared and covered in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.