It’sSeptember and I’m no longer really in the mood to grill outside. Maybe there is still the one nice perfect autumn day,with T-shirt weather. However, today is such a really classic 12 degree “I don’t want to go outside” evening. So I’m thinking about how to prepare the golden-yellow corn cobs inside.
Vegan corn cobs have never tasted so good
Indoor grilling is my new hobby
I promise you, the combination of the mild, slightly sweet corn cobs combined with the creamy chilli majo with a touch of lime is simply incredible. We have literally rushed to it. My husband had half the majo in his beard and we laughed a lot. So if you’re cooking a person with a beard, prepare for a fun evening.
Let’s go, let’s throw the grill. Have you also fallen in love with the delicious corn cobs? Then I’m looking forward to a review at the bottom of this seit. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
The grilled corn cobs with chilli majo are:
Grilled corn cobs with chilli majo
For the Chili Majo:
- 3/4 Cup Cashews
- 2 Piece Garlic cloves peeled and coarsely chopped
- 60 ml Water
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 1 TL maple syrup
- 15 ml Lime juice
- Sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2-3 Piece Birdeye chilies or 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce
- Optional: 1 pinch each of chili powder Paprika powder and coriander, ground
- Optional: 1 tsp nutritional yeast for an extra cheesy taste
- 6 Piece large corn cobs peeled
- Limes quartered
- Chili Sauce
- fresh coriander coarsely chopped
- For the cashews, bring a litre of water to the boil. Put cashews in a bowl, pour over the hot water and leave to pull for 50 minutes, do not cover. More information about soaking cashews can be found here.3/4 Cup Cashews
- For the corn cobs, bring a large saucepan with at least 5 litres of filling volume with 2 litres of water and a pinch of sugar to the boil. Place the corn cobs in and steam for 20 minutes with the lid closed. Alternatively, place in the steam cooker and cook at 100 degrees for 30 minutes. After cooking, drain water and set aside.6 Piece large corn cobs
- Once the cashews are ready, shave, wash briefly with cold clear water and put in a blender. Add the remaining ingredients for the chilli majo and process to a creamy majo at the highest level. Set aside or place in a small bowl.3/4 Cup Cashews, 2 Piece Garlic cloves, 60 ml Water, 30 ml Olive oil, 1 TL maple syrup, 15 ml Lime juice, Sea salt to taste, Pepper to taste, 2-3 Piece Birdeye chilies or 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce, Optional: 1 pinch each of chili powder, Optional: 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- For the corn cobs, preheat a grill pan, grill or oven to 190 degree grill level. Roast for about 10 minutes in the grill pan or on the grill. Grill in the oven for 20 minutes.Limes, Chili Sauce, fresh coriander
- Sprinkle with chilli majo and fresh lime juice and enjoy fresh!
“Put your marines aside and enjoy this incredible dish.”