What would I be without my cashew mayo? I use them for almost everything. To the Pizza , in the Salad and just for dipping. On this occasion, I am just wondering where the last weekend actually went. Do you know days like that that just fly by? At the moment everyone is at Oktoberfest, but I took the time to once again test my own Recipes to test. This time it was the Sacher cake turn, which I baked with 100% whole wheat flour. Has become really, really tasty. So if you have time and desire in the next few weeks, I recommend this classic.
Cashew Majo for the win!
Once again, the ingredient list is manageable and short. Soaked cashews, Oatmilc h, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and salt. That’s it! If you are now wondering how best to soak cashews, you are welcome to take a look at my guide take a look. Here I present several methods of how you can best get the kernels soft.
Why actually always cashews and not almonds or hazelnuts? Thanks to their soft consistency, they can be mixed super fine and have no skin, which you would have to remove first with other nuts. Cashews have the least amount of fiber of all nuts, but the highest amount of carbohydrates. They are particularly rich in vitamin C and various minerals and are an absolute must-have in vegan cuisine.
A vegan mayo that is so versatile
Our recipe today is really incredibly versatile. Here are a few dishes for which our creamy Cashew mayonnaise is indispensable:
- Sweet potato wedges
- The crispiest vegan fries
- Creamy meat salad with jackfruit
- Tex Mex pizza with vegan mayo
- Crispy Tandoori Spelt Pizza
- Fish burger with cashew remoulade
- Simple vegan potato salad
- Quick chickpea sandwich
- Grilled corn cobs with chilli majo
- Oriental salad with chickpeas and apricots
- And much, much more
Of course, you can also simply cut vegetables into strips and dip with it or refine your Favorite salad refine with it. There are no limits to your imagination.
The creamy cashew mayo is:
- Few ingredients
- Simply made
Are you also a big mayo fan like me? Then I look forward to a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, then like to use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Creamy cashew mayo
- Soak cashews in hot water for one hour. Alternatively use another Soaking method use.
- After the soaking time, strain and add to a high-powered blender along with the olive oil, oat milk, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and salt and blend on high speed for at least 60 seconds.120 g Cashews, 60 ml cold pressed olive oil, 125 ml Oat milk, 15 ml Apple cider vinegar, 7,5 ml maple syrup, ½ tbspn Salt
- If necessary, scrape down the edges with a silicone scraper and blend again until you have a fine uniform cream.
- Place in a bowl or airtight jar and store in the refrigerator.
- Keeps well sealed up to 5 days in the refrigerator.