I really wanted to make another Salad make, but not the same again. By this I mean the endless Salads with always the same vinegar and oil dressing. Please do not misunderstand, I love my Balsamic dressing but sometimes it can be something else. Suddenly I remembered this great garden party again, when a friend had a really delicious Salad had with it. With rice, apricots, Chickpeas , coated with a totally delicious oriental spice blend. Simply fabulous, filling and a real good mood guarantor. What should not be missing in any case, is my sensationally creamy Cashew mayo . Maybe I’m exaggerating a bit at the moment, but I just can’t do without it.
Get the dried apricots from the cupboard
The basis for our dish today is mixed green leaf lettuce and Rice . I always like to make this one in my steamer. In the past, I always wondered what you actually need such a steamer for? At the latest since I have made rice and bread in it, I can say quite clearly that this device is really super. Please do not be sad now if you do not have a steamer. The Rice can also be prepared in a pot or in a rice cooker. Add dried apricots and a great chickpea almond blend of cooked chickpeas, oil, coconut blossom sugar, cumin (whole), cardamom, turmeric, salt and pepper. Chop the almonds into small pieces and mix them in. Off to the oven and Ready!
Chickpeas in da House
Our today’s dressing deserves a special attention, which once again consists of delicious Cashews consists. Together with some vegetable milk, oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper, it becomes a delicious mayo that is incredibly versatile. I work the Mayo with clean hands into the Salad so that in the end everything is well connected.
What suits our S alat ? I like it quite pure, that is, without anything. What’s particularly interesting about today’s dish is the mix of different protein sources, i.e. the cashew and the chickpeas. Especially for Vegan it makes sense to combine different foods to cover all amino acids optimally. More about this will be available soon from me in a more detailed Blog article . Maybe you already know that I am currently training to become a vegan Nutritionist vegan. Of course I would like to pass this knowledge on to you step by step and also in my recipes. Recipes for an ideal combination of nutrients.
The Oriental salad with apricots and chickpeas is:
- High protein
- High fiber
Well, did you get a craving for this vegan oriental Salad ? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, feel free to use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Oriental salad with apricots & chickpeas
FOR THE SALAD:
- 170-200 g mixed green salad Arugula, or other lettuce to taste
- 200 g Cooked rice 1 cup, I use basmati rice, alternatively brown rice, or wild rice
- 265 g Chickpeas well washed and dabbed dry on a cloth Drained weight*.
- 15 ml Frying and baking oil 1 tablespoon, alternatively do without oil
- 12,5 g Coconut blossom sugar 1 TBSP.
- 2 tbspn Cumin all over
- 1 tbspn Cardamom Powder or whole grains mortared
- 1 tbspn Turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 65 g chopped almonds ½ cup
- 75 g dried apricots ½ cup, finely chopped
FOR THE DRESSING:
- Spelt bread
- Spelt roll
- Pumpkin seeds to taste
- Make one serving of cashew mayo.A portion of cashew mayo
- Cook rice according to package directions.200 g Cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Line baking sheet with baking paper.
- After washing, pat chickpeas dry once with a clean kitchen towel. This ensures that the oil and spices can be better absorbed.
- Place chickpeas, oil, coconut blossom sugar, cumin, cardamom, turmeric, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix with a spoon or your hands until the chickpeas are evenly coated with the spices. Add almonds and mix again briefly.265 g Chickpeas, 15 ml Frying and baking oil, 12,5 g Coconut blossom sugar, 2 tbspn Cumin, 1 tbspn Cardamom, 1 tbspn Turmeric, Salt to taste, Pepper to taste
- Spread on the baking sheet and put in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. If the almonds become too brown, reduce heat a little.
- Arrange leaf lettuce in a large bowl. Spread cooked rice on top. Pour chickpea-almond mixture on top.170-200 g mixed green salad, 200 g Cooked rice
- Spread chopped apricots on top and finish with cashew mayo.65 g chopped almonds, 75 g dried apricots, A portion of cashew mayo
- I roll the salad through with clean hands so that everything can combine perfectly. Finally, taste again and serve!Spelt bread, Spelt roll, Pumpkin seeds to taste
- Tastes best fresh.
You are currently viewing a placeholder content from Youtube. To access the actual content, click the button below. Please note that doing so will share data with third-party providers.More Information