Crispy cashew butter tofu super simple – the category“30 minute recipes ” are always high in demand, because you usually do not have time. I feel the same way very often and that’s why I always try to make the dishes as practical and fast as possible. However, there are also such days when I enjoy the food and especially the preparation! Get down, chop vegetables, have the smell of the ingredients in your nose. Be completely relaxed for once and just let time pass. As a reward there is then also such a wonderful Dish .
Cauliflower rice is a healthy, tasty alternative to classic rice
The basis for this dish is the all-time classic Cauliflower . Since it is very neutral in taste, it goes great with so many dishes. A real all-round talent. I especially like the quick preparation, because this takes less than 10 minutes if you have a good food processor. I use for these purposes my MagiMix everything is done super fast.
However, cauliflower is not only versatile, but also quite healthy:
- rich in dietary fiber
- Vitamin C
- B vitamins
- very low in calories with 25 calories per 100g
Cauliflower is damn tasty and so low in calories
What must not be missing under any circumstances? A lovely sauce that coats the tofu and is easy to put in. Sesame oil, tamari, maple syrup, Bird’s Eye chilies and cashew butter. Oh my god, genius! My vegetable side dish is steamed bok choy and red bell peppers. Very fine with it are fresh lime and cilantro. However, many other vegetables are conceivable. Be creative.
The crispy cashew butter tofu with cauliflower rice is:
- Quickly made
Perfect for a vegan Lunch or dinner that fills you up and is full of healthy ingredients. I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
crispy cashew butter tofu with cauliflower rice
FOR THE SAUCE:
FOR THE STIR-FRY:
- Fresh coriander
- Limes quartered
- Chili sauce
- Remove the tofu from the package, wrap in kitchen roll or a clean cotton cloth and press dry. This is best done with a heavy pan or other heavy object placed on top of the wrapped tofu. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Unwrap the tofu, cut into pieces, spread on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime for the sauce put all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk well.15 ml Sesame oil, 40 g Cashew butter or cashew puree, 60 ml Tamari or another gluten-free soy sauce, 60 ml maple syrup, 1-2 Birds Eye Chili, 2 tbspn Cornstarch
- Remove tofu from oven after baking time and let cool briefly. Then add to the sauce and mix well once so that all the cubes are well covered with sauce. Marinate briefly and set aside.400 g Tofu nature
- For the cauliflower, heat a large pan of water, add cauliflower and blanch for 6 minutes. Set aside and keep warm (e.g. in a warming drawer).1 Head cauliflower, 45 ml Water
- Heat another pan, add sesame oil, red bell pepper, bok choy and a small sip of water. Cover and steam over medium heat for 10 minutes, until vegetables are firm to the bite. Add marinated tofu, turn heat up a bit and sauté for another 10 minutes until everything is already cooked but still crispy and firm to the bite.15 ml Sesame oil or coconut oil, ½ Confederation Bok choy, 120 g red bell bell pepper, 2 Piece Garlic cloves
- Arrange cauliflower rice on a large serving plate, pour the hot tofu vegetables Stir-Fry on top, garnish and enjoy!Fresh coriander, Limes, Chili sauce