Again and again I walked past it and didn’t know what to do with it: Tempeh ! Mostly this was the case in the organic supermarket and the procedure was always the same: I discover Tempeh in the refrigerated section, look briefly and think what to do with it. I can’t think of anything spontaneously and I leave him lonely in the rule. Hardly arrived at home, I’m annoyed that I have not yet packed the thing with. But that should be an end now, because I want to finally prepare a great, tasty Dish prepare that is easy to put in.
Tempeh skewers – if it should not always be TOFU
Do you also always walk past tempeh in the organic supermarket and don’t know what to do with it?
Why not simply prepare delicious skewers “Schachlikspieße “with it, with a delicious sauce? The Tempeh is cut into pieces, marinated briefly, skewered and then fried in a pan until golden brown. At the same time, the vegetables are steamed and the sauce is stirred. I agree that you should be able to multitask a bit. However, with a little organization, this is not a problem.
What exactly is tempeh?
Tempeh consists of soybeans and is fermented with noble mushrooms. Originally, the product comes from Indonesia and is still made there in traditional handicraft.
Interesting facts about the nutrient content:
- rich in calcium, magnesium and iron
- rich in B vitamins, especially B6
- not contain cholesterol
- rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids
- high protein
What must not be missing under any circumstances? A delightful sauce that coats the tempeh skewers and is easy to put in. Sesame oil, Tamari , maple syrup, Bird’s Eye chilies and peanut butter. As a vegetable garnish, I have steamed bok choy and a few chili slices. Very fine with it are fresh lime and cilantro. However, many other vegetables are conceivable. Be creative.
Perfect with basmati rice, but quinoa or Cauliflower rice .
The crispy tempeh skewers with peanut butter sauce are:
- Quickly made
Perfect for a vegan Lunch or dinner that fills you up and is full of healthy ingredients. I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Crispy tempeh skewers with peanut butter sauce
FOR THE TEMPEH:
FOR THE CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE:
- Rice Alternative: quinoa or cauliflower rice
- Green vegetables: Bok Choy Kale, spinach or green onion
- Fresh coriander
- Limes quartered
- Chili sauce
- Wooden skewers Shish kebabs
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- FOR THE CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. Add more or less water to thin as desired.15 ml Tamari or another gluten-free soy sauce, 30 ml maple syrup, 45 ml Lime juice, 1-2 Birds Eye Chili according to taste, 30-45 ml Water for dilution, 80 g Peanut butter
- Preheat pan for skewers and steam green vegetables to taste. I steam my vegetables in the steamer, but it also works in a pan with a little water, covered for 10-15 minutes.
- FOR THE TEMPEH cut the tempeh into finger-thick slices and cut in half again. Place in a bowl, add tamari, sesame oil, cumin and paprika. Mix well with a spoon, or with your hands, until everything is evenly coated.30 ml Tamari or another gluten-free soy sauce, 15 ml Sesame oil, ¼ tbspn Cumin, ¼ tbspn Paprika powder, 200 g Tempeh*, * Who has no tempeh in the house, it also goes tofu
- Now skewer the individual tempeh slices on wooden skewers and set aside. With me there were 4 skewers at the end.
- Place in the preheated pan and fry for 10 minutes until golden brown all over.
- Put rice on two plates, garnish tempeh skewers and green vegetables on top and serve with peanut sauce. enjoy!Rice, Green vegetables: Bok Choy, Fresh coriander, Limes, Chili sauce, Wooden skewers