Healthy breakfast cookies that are without sugar and oil. Sometimes it has to go fast in the morning and you have little time for an extensive breakfast. Before it then becomes a greasy donut from the bakery (may also be sometimes, but just not always), I have today a simple and healthy recipe for you. This time we do completely without refined sugar and use dates and raisins for a natural sweetness. The cookies came with us super, especially with my husband, who with almost 2 meters height is always hungry and happy about healthy snacks. I will experiment in the next few weeks again and again with healthy and sugar-free recipes, that was clearly requested. But now we’re about to get started with these healthy and easy cookies.
Healthy breakfast cookies
Sugar-free – that’s the hot topic of the moment, although opinions differ here. Some would prefer to have only sugar-free recipes and others are more open to reduced-sugar or regular-sugar recipes. I will be looking more closely at this issue over the next few weeks. So you can look forward to exciting content.
But now let’s get to today’s recipe. First, we make a fine date paste to use instead of sugar to sweeten the cookies. I use my Magimix with an S-shaped blade for this. But you can also use a high-powered blender, with enough liquid it’s no problem. Add ground almonds and continue mixing until a fine paste is obtained. I put that in a large baking bowl, along with rolled oats, raisins and cinnamon. With a silicone spatula I knead everything until a compact measures.
Then shape the cookies out of it and they are ready to go into the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, let cool and enjoy!
Healthy vegan cookies without sugar
If you like, you can vary the ingredients and use other nuts instead of almonds, such as hazelnuts, pecans or cashews. Regarding dried fruit, cranberries, cherries, figs or apricots also work. Simply cut into small pieces and mix in. I can also imagine chocolate chips (sugar-free) very well. Here you can fully live out your creativity.
If you’re in the mood for a different, healthy breakfast today, here are my suggestions:
- Millet porridge with tahini caramel
- Buckwheat pancakes with chocolate cream
- Buckwheat Chia Bread
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Vegan pumpkin bread
- Coconut Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Baked oatmeal “Chocolate banana
- Chunky Monkey Granola
The healthy breakfast cookies are:
- Naturally sweetened
- Quickly made
Healthy breakfast cookies
- Provide blender, I use a Magimix with an s-shaped blade. Add dates with pits, mix briefly. Add water a sip at a time or pour in gently while blending until a fine date puree is formed.8 Piece Medjool dates, 150 ml Water
- Add oat flour, ground almonds and continue mixing.30 g ground almonds, 30 g Oatmeal
- Place date almond paste in a baking bowl. Add oatmeal, cinnamon, bourbon vanilla, and raisins and stir with a silicone spatula or wooden spoon until everything is well combined.200 g Oatmeal, 1 tbspn Cinnamon, 65 g Raisins, ¼ tbspn Bourbon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees convection (195 degrees top-bottom heat) and line baking sheet with a permanent baking mat or baking paper.
- Form 9 cookies with your hands and spread evenly on the baking sheet. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned on the ends. When the baking time is over, remove from the oven and let cool completely. enjoy!
- Store at room temperature or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.