Quinoa salad with creamy dressing and roasted carrots. Sometimes it may be a hearty salad, but sometimes without much green, but with lots of pseudo cereals. Pseudo cereals? Yes, so they call the varieties of amaranth, quinoa and co., which are actually no grain, but somehow look like it. I’m already looking forward to the next picnic with lots of different salads and the quinoa salad must not be missing.
Quinoa salad with creamy dressing
The idea for this salad came to me when I once again did not know what to do with the already cooked quinoa. I was thinking of a salad, but with a creamy dressing and topped with golden brown roasted carrots. A dream! I prefer to cook quinoa right away for the whole week, so I have no more effort when I want to quickly conjure up something from it. The possibilities with quinoa are virtually endless, as it can be prepared both sweet and savory.
For the quinoa salad we need very few ingredients. Cashews, water, salt, pepper, white wine vinegar and maple syrup. That’s it! I first mix the soaked cashews and water to make a creamy custard. Add the remaining ingredients for a creamy vinaigrette.
Pour over the quinoa, mix well, season to taste and our salad is ready. Pack your picnic things and off you go to relax in the sun. Of course, the roasted carrots must not be missing as a topping. Click here to go directly to the instructions.
Vegan salads for your picnic in the countryside
- Simple vegan potato salad
- Simple 3 beans salad
- Potato salad with wild garlic pesto
- Creamy pasta salad with cucumber
- Pasta salad with cashew tomato pesto
- Creamy jackfruit salad
- Vegan couscous salad
- Vegan lentil salad with leeks
The quinoa salad with creamy dressing is:
- High fiber
- Full of healthy nutrients
- simply made
Well, did you get a craving for this delicious vegan quinoa salad? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Vegan quinoa salad with creamy dressing
FOR THE DRESSING:
- Roasted carrots (1x serving)
- Fresh sprouts to taste
- Pumpkin seeds to taste
- Fresh parsley greens
- Roasted carrots
- FOR THE QUINOA Wash quinoa thoroughly with hot water and place in a pot. Add water and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes. The quinoa is ready when the grains are soft and the water has been absorbed. Season with a pinch of salt, stir well and set aside.250 g Quinoa, 500 ml Water, 1 strong pinch of salt
- FOR THE DRESSING Blend cashews and the water on high speed for 60 seconds until a cream-like liquid is formed. Add white wine vinegar, maple syrup, oil, salt and pepper and blend vigorously again. Season to taste and set aside,120 g Cashews, 250 ml Water, 30 ml White wine vinegar, 15 ml maple syrup, 30 ml Olive oil, Salt to taste, Pepper to taste
- Pour dressing over quinoa and mix vigorously. Taste and season if necessary.
- Portion onto plates, top with the roasted carrots and garnish with sprouts, pumpkin seeds or parsley greens. enjoy!Fresh sprouts to taste, Pumpkin seeds to taste, Fresh parsley greens
- Store remaining lettuce in an airtight container (without sprouts) in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.