Vegan rice salad with peanut dressing is the answer to my craving for warm temperatures. It’s frustrating sometimes when you open Instagram and see so many people spending the winter months in really great places. The one digital nomad on Bali, the current star of the spiritual scene stays on Maui and also otherwise you see many great pictures of beaches, sunsets and warm temperatures. I don’t mean to whine, but I like everything but wet and cold, and when I look outside right now, a cold shiver comes over me. Well, a few weeks we will still have to get along with a lot of rain and cold and therefore I make myself until then just a few summery Dishes. We live in a world where even in winter we can buy juicy and sweet Pineapple from the jar. I’ve loved pineapples ever since I went to college in Hawaii, and they always remind me of my time back there. The endless pineapple plantations were simply a sensational sight. Let’s get going and bring home some rays of sunshine.
Vegan rice salad with delicious dressing
How often do you eat per week
? For me, it’s maybe once a week when it comes up. For some reason I always tend to
. What is the reason for this? Maybe because
is cooked so quickly and rice takes a tad longer. At the same time
a really great food and so versatile. Often people tend to always use the same type of rice, yet there are so many variations.
Here is a small overview of the most common types of rice:
- Whole grain basmati rice
- Nature rice , sweetish aroma
- Black rice , nutty aroma
- Red rice , earthy aroma
- Wild rice , firm to the bite, is perfect for mixing with other types of rice
- Jasmine rice , floral aroma
- Risotto rice , slightly earthy aroma
How healthy is rice actually?
TIPS: When it comes to the healthiest types of rice, the combination of whole grain and organic performs the best. The background to this is that the healthiest part of rice is in the husk, and the husk really does have it in it. Vitamins, fiber and especially essential amino acids. White rice varieties are polished and thus unfortunately lose almost all important ingredients. In addition, whole grain rice helps with weight loss because it swells further in the stomach and thus fills you up faster. Does it make a difference to buy organic Rice to buy organic or not? Yes it does, because with every purchase you are committing yourself against the use of pesticides and for a more sustainable treatment of people, the environment and animals.
Vegan Spicy Asian Vibes
For our today’s Salad I use a whole grain rice mix, because I currently find them particularly tasty. I also try to use different types of rice all the time and not always stick to one habit. Our today’s Salad consists of whole grain rice, red cabbage, carrots Pineapple and spring onion.
Add to that a super tasty peanut sauce that gives this salad the spice it needs. Peanut butter, Vegetable milk , water tamari, molasses, maple syrup, garlic granules, ginger, chili, lime juice and sesame oil. This is then all mixed well and may like to pull a little, so that the dressing combines well with the Vegetables combines. As a decoration I love for example a ripe Avocado , lime or lemon quarters, black sesame seeds and a handful of peanuts. Yum!
The Asian rice salad with peanut dressing is:
- simply made
Well, did you get a craving for this delicious, vegan salad ? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, feel free to use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Asian rice salad with peanut dressing
FOR THE PEANUT DRESSING:
- 4 tbspn Peanut butter
- 80 ml Plant milk 1/3 cup, I use soy milk
- 80 ml hot water 1/3 cup
- 45 ml Tamari 3 TBSP.
- 1 tbspn Molasses optional, omit in case of doubt
- 22,5 ml maple syrup 1 ½ tablespoons, or other sweetener of choice
- 1 tbspn Garlic granules
- 2 tbspn Ginger Freshly grated or 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 Bird Eye Chili
- 30 ml Lime juice 2 TBSP.
- 7,5 ml Sesame oil 1 TSP
FOR THE SALAD:
- 300 g brown rice 2 cups
- 250 g Red cabbage finely chopped, 4 cups
- 4 Piece Carrots peeled and cut into fine strips
- 300 g Pineapple cut into pieces
- 1 Confederation green onion (bunch) cut into fine rings
- 1 Handful of coriander greens Roughly cut
- 7,5 ml Sesame oil 1 TSP
- Peanuts ½ cup optional
- black sesame
- Fresh coriander leaf
- Lime Quarter
- FOR THE DRESSING : Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on medium speed to a fine dressing. Set aside. Alternatively, work with a bowl and a whisk.4 tbspn Peanut butter, 80 ml Plant milk, 80 ml hot water, 45 ml Tamari, 1 tbspn Molasses, 22,5 ml maple syrup, 1 tbspn Garlic granules, 2 tbspn Ginger, 1 Bird Eye Chili, 30 ml Lime juice, 7,5 ml Sesame oil
- FOR THE SALAD brown rice, red cabbage, carrots, pineapple and green onion, sesame oil, put in a bowl and mix well once.300 g brown rice, 250 g Red cabbage, 4 Piece Carrots, 300 g Pineapple, 1 Confederation green onion (bunch), 7,5 ml Sesame oil
- Pour the dressing on top and mix again.
- Divide among plates or bowls and optionally garnish with black sesame seeds, avocado, cilantro leaf and lime quarter.1 Handful of coriander greens, Peanuts ½ cup, black sesame, Avocado, Fresh coriander leaf, Lime Quarter
- Best enjoyed fresh. Store remaining salad (without toppings) in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.