Cinnamon ice cream with caramelized pecans my dears, because slowly it’s time again to deal with the question of the Christmas menu. I am quite a sweetie in many ways, but with the statement I mean just rather my Preference for sweets . Ice cream is at the top of my list and I also spent a really long time researching the perfect formula for making vegan ice cream. In the beginning, the ice cream either became too crystalline, not creamy enough, or solid as a rock. Meanwhile I may claim however that I have the trick out and that one sees also at the multiplicity of the prescriptions, which there are meanwhile on veganevibes.de. Today, though, it’s going to be a little more Christmassy and I’d say we’ll start with our delicious cinnamon ice cream.
Cinnamon ice cream with caramelized pecans
Our recipe today consists of two main steps in the preparation. First the Cinnamon ice cream is prepared and shortly before serving the caramelized pecans . In the ice cream I add cashews, oat milk, maple syrup, raw cane sugar, vegetable cream, cinnamon and bourbon vanilla. All of this is blended in my high-powered blender to a fine liquid, and the magic ingredient is added at the very end. What that is, can fans of veganevibes.de with security already think. It is xanthan gum, a natural thickener which is also approved for organic foods and works wonders. It makes the ice cream ultra creamy.
Just before I serve the ice cream, I make the caramelized pecans. For this I heat a pan and put the nuts in it. After a few minutes of roasting, I deglaze the nuts with maple syrup. After a few minutes, the liquid will have evaporated and you will be left with delicious, caramelized pecans.
TIP: All chocolate lovers can of course still decorate the ice cream with melted chocolate. I tested it and found it super tasty.
Make vegan cinnamon ice cream simple
You may be thinking to yourself right now that ice cream would be a fine thing. However, you’re not into cinnamon and would like to try a different flavor? Then I have the following delicious ice creams for you:
- Lemon ice cream
- Mars ice cream bar
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Fudge Brownie Ice Cream
- Hazelnut ice cream
- Chocolate cherry ice cream
- Mango ice cream
- Creamy chocolate ice cream
- Mylky Way ice cream bar
- Creamy vanilla ice cream
- Vegan strawberry ice cream (low calorie)
- Stracciatella ice cream (low calorie)
- Cookie Dough ice cream (low calorie)
- Chocolate ice cream with aquafaba
- Ice Cream Sandwiches
The cinnamon ice cream with caramelized pecans is
- Easy to manufacture
If you love cinnamon combined with ice cream as much as I do, I’d love a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Vegan cinnamon ice cream with caramelized pecans
FOR THE CINNAMON ICE CREAM:
- 225 g Cashews 1 ½ cups, optionally soaked, if the blender is not powerful enough.
- 300 ml Plant milk 1 ¼ cup
- 400 g Vegetable cream 1 2/3 cups, I recommend the cream of SOYATOO
- 100 g Raw cane sugar ½ cup
- 75 g Agave syrup ¼ cup, alternatively maple syrup or 45g more raw cane sugar
- 2 tbspn Cinnamon
- 1 tbspn Bourbon vanilla ground
- 1 tbspn Xanthan Gum
FOR THE CARAMELIZED PECANS:
- 115 g Pecans 1 cup
- 45 ml maple syrup 3 TBSP.
- Depending on the ice cream maker, prepare device for ice cream production.
- Optional: soak cashews. Click here for my soaking guide.
- FOR THE CINNAMON ICE CREAM Place cashews, oat milk, maple syrup, raw cane sugar, heavy vegetable cream, cinnamon and bourbon vanilla in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Add the xanthan gum at the very end and mix again briefly until everything is combined.225 g Cashews, 300 ml Plant milk, 400 g Vegetable cream, 100 g Raw cane sugar, 75 g Agave syrup, 2 tbspn Cinnamon, 1 tbspn Bourbon vanilla ground, 1 tbspn Xanthan Gum
- Place in ice cream maker and prepare according to manufacturer’s instructions. Alternatively, pour into a freezer-proof mold and place in the freezer. To increase creaminess, mix once per hour with a fork. Freeze for at least 6 hours, ideally 10 hours.
- Pour the finished cinnamon ice cream (if using an ice cream maker) into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer.
- FOR THE CARAMELIZED PECANS Heat a pan (medium heat) and toast pecans in it for about 5 minutes. Keep stirring so that the nuts are toasted evenly. Deglaze with maple syrup and let evaporate until nuts are done caramelizing.(Click here for the recipe & video)115 g Pecans, 45 ml maple syrup
- Remove ice cream a few minutes before serving, portion with an ice cream scoop and arrange in dessert bowls. Garnish with the caramelized pecans and enjoy!