Pasta Arrabiata is so simple and delicious that I’m almost at a loss for words. The fruity from the tomatoes meets a subtle spiciness from chili. Sometimes you need dishes that are not only quick, but super quick to make and this recipe is definitely one of them. Cook pasta and prepare sauce in no time. Ready is the Italian classic!
Arrabiato actually means “angry,” but what does that have to do with our Italian pasta dish? Quite simply, if the cook uses too much chili, then it is quickly over with the harmonious dinner. Too much of the spicy pod and you start to sweat and impress not with an interesting conversation, but with a flushed face.
Therefore, here is my first tip: you should know well the chili that you use. Start with a small amount and slowly increase. For guests, it is better to let them season it than to use too much spiciness in the preparation.
Simple vegan pasta dishes
The sauce is really simple to make and consists of tomato chunks, garlic, chili, a little salt and pepper. In the original Roman recipe, the garlic is only briefly pressed in the olive oil and then removed. In my version, I just leave it in the sauce. why? Simply because it tastes delicious. Onions, on the other hand, have no place in this recipe, as their flavor is too intense. I add a small amount of maple syrup to balance out the spiciness a bit. You can certainly argue here, however, I find that the original Italian tomatoes are a tad sweeter. However, you can definitely use the sweetness as an option. Instead of pecorino or parmesan, I use my homemade cashew parmesan.
If you’re in the mood for another Italian dish today, I recommend the following recipes:
- Pizza with ricotta and green asparagus
- Pizza Mozzarella
- Tomato Mozzarella (Caprese)
- Make vegan mozzarella yourself
- Pasta Alfredo
- Pasta alla Norma
- Pasta with arugula pesto
- Pasta with paprika sauce
Maybe you would like to offer an Italian dessert to go with it?
- Panna Cotta Tart
- Simple vegan tiramisu
- Raw Tiramisu
- Vegan tiramisu cake
- Vegan panna cotta with strawberry sauce
The vegan pasta Arrabiata is:
- Quickly made
Well, fancy a completely different, delicious vegan pasta variant? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Vegan Pasta Arrabiata
- Vegan parmesan
- Fresh parsley
- Put the pot of water for the pasta on the stove and put the pasta in it. Prepare according to package instructions.500 g Pasta
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat pan and pour in olive oil. Do not let it get too hot, otherwise the garlic will burn.26 ml Olive oil
- NOTE TO CHILI: Less is more. If you don’t know the intensity of the chili, add less at first and slowly increase the amount.
- Add garlic and sweat briefly, add tomato paste, chili and tomatoes from the can and stir vigorously.4 Piece Garlic cloves, 42 g Tomato paste, 2 tbspn Chili flakes, 400 g Tomatoes pieces
- Add maple syrup and season with salt and pepper.1 tbspn maple syrup, Salt to taste
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta and mix everything together.
- Divide among plates, garnish with parsley and parmesan and enjoy!Vegan parmesan, Fresh parsley
- Lasts up to 2 days in the refrigerator or 1 month in the freezer. Ideally, heat in a steamer or in a pot after adding a little water.