One Pasta Alfredo please! What? You have them only with cream? No thanks, then I make my own Pasta . This is what a scene in a normal restaurant might look like, because it’s not so easy to vegan dishes to find. This is exactly why I love eating at home right now, because here I have precise control over what goes into my plate. Today it is a delicious pasta with super creamy Alfredo sauce based on cashews. Can it get any creamier? I think not.
Delicious vegan pasta Alfredo with spinach and mushrooms? Absolutely here with it!
What makes this dish? It is simple and ingenious at the same time. Especially if you want something that’s quick and filling. You’re spoiled for choice when it comes to pasta, from regular durum wheat spaghetti, to protein-rich buckwheat pasta, to zoodles made from zucchini, anything goes. Which pasta do you like best and for what reasons? Feel free to tell me what you think at the bottom of the comments.
Continue with the sauce based on cashews. Here I would like to go straight back to the importance of a really good high performance blender. Right up front: I am not sponsored by any manufacturer, I just want to share my experiences directly from the vegan kitchen with you. Cashews are very soft nuts and mix very well. Nevertheless, the blender makes the difference, because a low-powered blender will never achieve the creaminess as a really good Vitamix or Blendtec blender! The advantage with these devices is that you save soaking the nuts. You can find the link to my top favorite device at the bottom of the page.
Bring the vegan Italian home with this ingenious cashew alfredo
Back to cashew sauce, which is quick to make and full of healthy ingredients. Nutritional yeast, cashews, garlic granules, sea salt, vegan parmesan , Almond milk , nutmeg and a little chili. In parallel, the vegetables are sauteed, spinach, mushrooms and onion. Yum! Then it’s just mix and ready is perhaps the most delicious pasta in the world!
Interesting are also the valuable nutrients in cashew nuts:
- Contain many vitamins of the B group (niacin B3, panthonic acid B5, and thiamin B1)
- Rich in valuable vegetable proteins
- Contains tryptophan, a precursor of the happiness hormone serotonin
- Rich in iron, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus and potassium
The pasta Alfredo with spinach and mushrooms (30 minutes) is:
- High protein
- Quickly made
Well, Have you got a desire to this creamy and healthy Pasta ? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Pasta Alfredo with spinach and mushrooms (30 minutes)
FOR THE VEGETABLES:
- 150 g brown mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 100 g fresh spinach well washed and coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion peeled and chopped
FOR THE ALFREDO SAUCE:
- 150 g raw cashews soaked depending on the mixer *
- 250 ml Almond milk or any other vegetable milk
- 9 g Nutritional yeast
- 1 tbspn Garlic granules or 2 cloves of garlic peeled and finely chopped
- ½ tbspn Sea salt
- 1 tbspn vegan parmesan + more topping
- 1 Bird Eye Chili or Chili Powder to taste
- ¼ tbspn Nutmeg grated
- Pepper to taste
- Pasta cook according to package instructions.300 g Spaghetti
- In the meantime FOR THE VEGETABLES heat a frying pan over medium heat and pour in the oil. Add the onion and mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and saute for a few minutes until vegetables are soft but still crunchy.1 tbspn Olive oil, A good pinch of sea salt, 150 g brown mushrooms, 100 g fresh spinach, 1 red onion
- FOR THE ALFREDO SAUCE put all the ingredients in a powerful blender and blend until everything is combined into a creamy sauce. Season to taste and add to the roasted and steamed vegetables. Mix well until everything is combined.250 ml Almond milk, 9 g Nutritional yeast, 1 tbspn Garlic granules or 2 cloves of garlic, ½ tbspn Sea salt, 1 tbspn vegan parmesan, 1 Bird Eye Chili or Chili Powder to taste, ¼ tbspn Nutmeg, Pepper to taste, 150 g raw cashews
- Divide pasta between two plates, pour Alfredo sauce on top, garnish with vegan parmesan and cherries and enjoy!Vegan parmesan, A few cherry tomatoes, Optional: side salad
- Sauce lasts up to 3 days in the refrigerator or 1 month in the freezer. Ideally, heat in a steamer or in a pot after adding a little water.
- Blendtec: https://amzn.to/2H9D2UF