Mango cream cake is my personal summer dream. Do you know Solero ice cream? For me, it was the most delicious ice cream ever and I will be tweaking a vegan recipe for it soon. In the meantime, I have another delicious recipe for you that totally tastes like Solero. I am definitely in love and can’t wait to eat my next piece. Let’s get started.
Mango cream pie vegan
Our cake today is basically very simple to make and consists of two main layers. The first thing to do is bake the sponge cake base, for which I have a recipe here. On top is a layer of mango cream yogurt cream. I make the mango puree with fresh mangoes, some raw cane sugar and lime juice. Put everything together in a high-powered blender and you’re done.
The gel is made with agar-agar, or, for those who are not so experienced, with San-Apart. This is a vegan gelling agent that is easier and safer to dispense. Agar agar is just wonderful and I love it so much, however it can be a little tricky to dose. I’ve linked both options below in the ingredients list.
Finally, I mix the agar agar with the mango puree, fold in the cream and add the vegan curd. Once everything is evenly mixed, I spread the cream over the sponge and then it’s straight into the fridge.
Vegan cream cakes
I save some mango puree for decorating the cake. If you still have a passion fruit at home, you hit the nail on the head. Together with a cup of coffee, this cake is an absolute summer highlight.
Here are a few more important tips and tricks when using gelatin:
- Read the instructions on the packaging from the manufacturer very carefully and be sure to dose very precisely. When using acid (in our case lime juice), you need a tad more agar agar. I have worked with 8 grams
- Agar agar must be boiled for at least 2 minutes, otherwise it cannot develop its effect.
TIP: If you are unsure about using agar-agar, I recommend San-Apart (see link in ingredients).
Not in the mood for mango cream today after all? Here are some other cake options for you:
- Chocolate mousse cake
- Chocolate cake gluten free
- Simple baked apple pie
- Chocolate banana cake with cashew frosting
- Fruity pineapple tart
- Linzer cake
- Simple tiramisu cake
- Black forest cake
- Poppy seed cake
- Swiss walnut cake
Are you ready for this incredibly delicious mango cream pie? It is
- Quickly made
- Pleasantly sweet
Let’s go with this delicious vegan cake. I wish you a lot of fun baking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Mango cream pie
- 1 Piece Sponge cake base make according to instructions or buy a ready sponge cake base
FOR THE MANGO CREAM:
- 550 g Pulp of ripe mangoes 2 medium pieces, alternatively mango pieces from the jar
- 90 ml Lime juice 1/3 cup
- 70 g Raw cane sugar 1/3 cup, or other sweetener of choice
- 400 ml vegan whipped cream 1 2/3 cups, whippable, I use the ones from SOYATOO
- 300 g vegan curd 1 1/5 cup, or creamy vegan yogurt
- 120 ml Water ¼ cup
- 8 g Agar-agar
- Alternative: 2 packs San-Apart (Instead of agar-agar)
- Some mango puree
- Passion fruit
- Make sponge cake base and allow to cool completely.(to the recipe)1 Piece Sponge cake base
- FOR THE MANGO CREAM first whip the cream and (optionally, if NO agar-agar is used) add san-apart and refrigerate until the cream is firm.400 ml vegan whipped cream
- Place mango chunks, lime juice, and raw cane sugar in a high-powered blender and blend to a fine puree.550 g Pulp of ripe mangoes, 90 ml Lime juice, 70 g Raw cane sugar
- Note: Mangoes have very fine fibers that are barely noticeable. If you don’t like this, you can puree the puree once through a hair sieve.
- If gelatinizing with agar-agar, bring 120ml of water to a boil, pour in agar-agar and stir until completely dissolved. Simmer for 2 minutes, remove heat.8 g Agar-agar, 120 ml Water
- Add agar-agar directly to the mango puree and stir.
- Stir in a small amount of cream to allow the two components to equalize. Gently stir in remaining cream. At the end, add the curd and fold in until everything is evenly combined.300 g vegan curd
- Pour directly over the cooled sponge cake base.
- NOTE: Use cake ring if available. I just leave it in the springform pan.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to cool for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and garnish with remaining mango puree, cut into pieces and enjoy!Some mango puree, Passion fruit
- Best fresh, keeps up to 3 days covered in the refrigerator.
- NOTE: Always store in the refrigerator and take out just before serving.