When I write this baked apple Cakes recipe, I immediately get hungry. I had a piece just yesterday at noon, but apparently it wasn’t enough. At the moment it is so right Autumn -mood and I could spend the whole day just Gingerbread and lie on the couch with a hot Golden Latte on the couch. Thanks to our two dogs, however, I still have to go out twice a day, no matter how dingy the weather. That has something good, because voluntarily I would not go out so often in this gray in gray – with rain mixture. My goal today is clearly to keep you happy with a delicious baked apple. locations to keep you happy. Will I succeed?
Vegan baked apple pie, for real?
You don’t even want to know where I got the inspiration for this Recipe inspiration for this. All I can say is, it’s a large bakery supply company that I never buy from. The recipe for the Baked apple torte but looked so delicious that I had to recreate it vegan. Said done, this wintry beauty consists of three main “components”.
- Cake base from sponge
- Filling with caramelized apples
- Frosting from cashews & vegetable yogurt
Once the base of fine sponge cake, then a filling of caramelized apples and decorated with a fine Frosting from cashews , yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Wait, I forgot one thing! Xanthan gum, my favorite binder in the vegan cuisine . Be sure to get a pack of these. It is a natural bacterium that creates a super bond even in cold dishes. I have linked you my favorite product below in the ingredients.
For the nut base you need Flax eggs , almond milk , baking oil, baking soda, apple cider vinegar, fine spelt flour (or my gluten-free flour mix ), ground almonds, raw cane sugar, baking powder, bourbon vanilla and a pinch of salt. I bake the dough in two springform pans with a diameter of 22cm. If you only have one at home, double the baking time accordingly.
Ahhhh, this fine baked apple smell in the kitchen
For the baked apple filling we need apples, lemon juice, corn starch, raw cane sugar, water (or apple juice) and cinnamon. Perfect!
In the production there are not so much to consider, yet I have given you the most important tips & Tricks summarized here:
- Always grease baking pans well and/or line the bottom with baking paper. There is nothing worse than having to scrape the finished Cake to have to scrape out of the mold.
- Always let cool well before you apply the frosting to the cake. Otherwise, it can quickly become a flowing something, which is certainly not fun.
- Cake best covered in the refrigerator store, then you also have maximum long pleasure. NOTE: The cashew frosting darkens a little, if you do not want that, then save some of the frosting. Store it in an airtight box in the refrigerator. Decorate the cake fresh with it!
Let’s start with this juicy vegan baked apple pie. I hope you enjoy baking and of course about a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Juicy vegan baked apple pie
FOR THE CAKE LAYERS:
- 2 Piece Flaxseed eggs see instruction
- 250 ml Almond milk or any other vegan plant milk
- 150 g Frying and baking oil or another high-heat oil
- ½ tbspn Baking soda
- 7,5 ml Apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 200 g Flour I use light spelt flour or use my gluten free flour blend
- 100 g ground almonds alternatively more flour
- 150 g Raw cane sugar alternatively cane sugar
- ½ tbspn Baking powder
- ½ tbspn Bourbon vanilla – ground or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Pinch sea salt
FOR THE APPLE FILLING:
- 450 g Apples cut into pieces
- 1 tbspn Lemon juice
- 20 g Cornstarch
- 35 g Raw cane sugar
- 50 ml Water or apple juice
- ½ tbspn ground cinnamon
FOR THE CASHEW FROSTING:
- 150 g Cashews
- 160 g Soy yogurt or any other vegetable yogurt
- 60 ml maple syrup alternatively agave syrup
- 15 ml Lemon juice
- ¼ tbspn Lemon peel – freshly zested
- ¼ tbspn Bourbon vanilla – ground
- ½ tbspn Xanthan gum – alternatively 60ml coconut oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- Apple filling pick up a little bit from the top or make more
- Cinnamon sticks
- For the CASHEW FROSTING place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If it doesn’t mix well, add a little more liquid (sip wisely!!!). Put briefly in the refrigerator.160 g Soy yogurt, 60 ml maple syrup, 15 ml Lemon juice, ¼ tbspn Lemon peel – freshly zested, ¼ tbspn Bourbon vanilla – ground, ½ tbspn Xanthan gum – alternatively 60ml coconut oil, A pinch of sea salt, 150 g Cashews
- Prepare flaxseed eggs . Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line two 20cm diameter springform pans with baking paper (bottoms) and brush the sides with a little margarine.
- FOR THE CAKE LAYERS Pour almond milk into a large bowl, add apple cider vinegar and baking soda. Stir briefly. The liquid should now foam slightly.250 ml Almond milk, ½ tbspn Baking soda, 7,5 ml Apple cider vinegar
- Add spelt flour, ground almonds, raw cane sugar, baking powder, bourbon vanilla, flaxseed eggs, frying oil and salt. Stir with a whisk until a uniform dough is formed. Depending on the type of flour, the dough can use a little more almond milk (if too firm) or more flour (if too runny). See consistency in the video.2 Piece Flaxseed eggs, 200 g Flour, 100 g ground almonds, 150 g Raw cane sugar, ½ tbspn Baking powder, ½ tbspn Bourbon vanilla – ground or 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 Pinch sea salt, 150 g Frying and baking oil
- Pour in equal parts into the two springform pans and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. At the end of the baking time, use a wooden stick to check if the bottoms are done. If the wooden stick comes out “clean”, the bottoms are ready. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- For the APPLE FILLING provide a small pot, put apples and lemon juice and heat.450 g Apples, 1 tbspn Lemon juice
- While apples are simmering, in a small bowl, mix cornstarch with raw cane sugar, water, and cinnamon, then add in to apples. Stir until thickened, remove from heat and set aside.35 g Raw cane sugar, 50 ml Water or apple juice, ½ tbspn ground cinnamon, 20 g Cornstarch
- TIP: Make a little more apple filling or simply take away 2-3 tablespoons to decorate the cake.
- Spread the still-warm apple filling on the pie crust and place the pie lid on top.Apple filling
- Cover and let cool completely (overnight is fine), this is important or the frosting will melt.
- Remove the cake from the springform pan and spread with the cashew frosting.
- Decorate as desired with cinnamon sticks, cinnamon powder and apple filling.Cinnamon sticks
- TIP: Put the cake briefly in the freezer so that everything sets well and only then serve.
- Portion, arrange on plates and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, keep frozen for a few weeks. However, fresh is best.