Cookies and Gingerbread everywhere! Somehow I felt like doing something different again. It should be sweet and Christmasy, but please without chocolate, margarine and other added sugar. Simply a delicious snack that tastes like Christmas and Christkindlmarkt. No, even better after baked apple! I love the smell of freshly baked apples. Preferably with a delicious vanilla sauce. No sooner said than done! After a bit of trial and error, they were ready, the perfect, naturally sweetened Bliss Balls Baked Apple Style. Let’s go!
Bliss Balls just always go
Bliss Balls or Energy Balls are in my opinion a must have. why? Because they give the body high-quality energy without artificially spiking blood sugar. Especially snacks with added sugar in the form of white sugar or high fructose syrup, give us a quick mood high, but just as quickly the blood sugar is back in the basement. That’s why the motto is: Snack sustainably with Bliss Balls. You only need a handful of ingredients: dried apple slices, dates, raisins, some nut mush, cinnamon and a pinch of sea salt.
Vegan snacks for the Christkindl?
Maybe you are wondering now if dates are actually healthy? I can answer that with a very clear yes, because they:
- Are rich in healthy fiber
- have a high, natural glucose content of 60-70% and are the ideal, healthy energy dispenser (best before, during or shortly after sports)
- They are full of vitamins: A, B, C and D
- contain many valuable minerals, such as iron, folic acid, zinc and potassium
- contain the amino acid tryptophan, precursor of the sleep hormone melatonin, Tip: a few dates before falling asleep can help!
Ideal I find Bliss Balls when you run out of energy during the day or you have a strenuous workout ahead of you. They give energy without being heavy in the stomach and who likes to sweat with an empty stomach and hypoglycemia? If you ever feel like pure dates, I recommend my date caramel, which you can snack on every now and then in between.
Let’s get started with these delicious, christmas Bliss Balls. I hope you enjoy the reel and of course about a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Bliss Balls Baked Apple Style (15 minutes)
- If dates are very hard, soak in hot water for 30 minutes and strain before processing. For high quality Medjool dates, this step can be ignored as the dates are usually soft enough.
- For the dough Place all ingredients, EXCEPT the apple rings, in a food processor (I use my MagiMix here) or high-powered blender and blend until a uniform dough is formed. This should be nice and sticky, but not too dry. TIP: Be sure to mix long enough for the dough to form a lump.288 g Medijool dates, 100 g Almond kernels, 40 g Cashews, 100 g Raisins, 50 g Almond paste or another nut paste, 1 tbspn Cinnamon, 1 Pinch sea salt
- Cut apple rings into small pieces with a knife and mix in at the very end.50 g Apple rings
- With wet hands form 18 balls with a weight of approx. 25g (an ice cream scoop is also recommended here), if you roll by hand, moisten the palms of your hands a little.
- TIP: Let Bliss Balls soak in the refrigerator for one night, then they become really delicious.
- Place remaining Bliss Balls in a resealable box and store in the refrigerator or freezer. In the refrigerator they last about 1 week, in the freezer up to 4 weeks.