Pumpkin cupcake and right away an apology to start this post. why? Because I’ve made numerous recipes with pumpkin puree this season and I don’t want to overwhelm you with it. However, there was an experience at the DM Markt that finally made me change my mind again. I discovered pumpkin puree in a jar in the seasonal Christmas display. This really blew me away, because pumpkin puree is really rare on German supermarket shelves. You can do so many great things with it.
Pumpkin cupcake (vegan & gluten free)
A cupcake always comes in handy for me when I can’t decide whether to have a dessert or a cake. The good thing is that you mix it before eating, feast deliciously and in the meantime the cake bakes in the oven. As soon as the main course is eaten, you get the dessert virtually fresh out of the oven.
Let’s get to the ingredients. Gluten-free flour, raw cane sugar, baking powder, pumpkin spice, pumpkin puree, vegetable milk and unflavored oil. I put all of this in a bowl and work it into a smooth dough. This is then poured into 2 cups and off it goes into the oven. When making only one portion, it makes sense to fill the dough directly into the cup.
TIP: Click here to go directly to the recipe for homemade pumpkin spice!
Vegan cup cakes simply make mood
For this delicious and easy recipe, I came up with another delicious topping. Directly over the cup cake I give a dollop of vegan vanilla curd and top that with caramelized pecans at the end. For this I put a handful of Pecans in a hot pan, toast them briefly and then add maple syrup. After 2 minutes, the caramelized nuts are ready and go straight into the cup. Anything left over nuts can be snacked on the same way.
If you are looking for other sweet recipes with pumpkin, then I have the following suggestions for you:
- Pumpkin Blondies
- Pumpkin donuts
- Pumpkin bread
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin mousse
- Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes
- Pumpkin pie with nut crumble
- Pumpkin ginger cookies
- Pumpkin pie with walnuts
- Pumpkin scones
- Pumpkin Raw Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Muffins
I would say provide cups and let’s go!
The pumpkin cupcake is:
- Locker & Fluffig
- Perfectly sweet
Well, are you ready for this extraordinary dessert? I wish you a lot of fun with the Nachbacken and of course about a positive review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Pumpkin cup cake (30 minutes)
FOR THE CUP CAKES:
- 63 g gluten free flour mix
- 38 g Raw cane sugar alternatively coconut blossom sugar
- 1 tbspn Pumpkin spice Purchased or self-mixed
- 1 tbspn Baking powder
- 30 g Pumpkin puree unsweetened, homemade or bought, seen at DM online
- 60 ml Plant milk
- 30 ml Oil tasteless
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 2 tbspn vegan vanilla curd
- 100 g Pecans
- 80 ml maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees convection (200 degrees top and bottom heat).
- FOR THE CUP CAKES provide a baking dish. Add in gluten-free flour mixture, raw cane sugar, pumpkin spice and baking powder and stir with a spoon or whisk until well combined.63 g gluten free flour mix, 38 g Raw cane sugar, 1 tbspn Pumpkin spice, 1 tbspn Baking powder
- Add pumpkin puree, vegetable milk and oil and continue mixing until a smooth dough is formed.30 g Pumpkin puree, 60 ml Plant milk, 30 ml Oil
- Divide into 2 ovenproof cups and place in oven. Bake for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare a pan for the Topping provide a pan and let it get hot. Add pecans and toast for 2-3 minutes. Deglaze with maple syrup and let evaporate. Remove from heat and set aside.80 ml maple syrup, 100 g Pecans
- Remove cup cakes from oven and let cool briefly.
- Spoon a tablespoon of vanilla curd into each cupcake and garnish with caramelized pecans. Serve and enjoy! Best fresh.2 tbspn vegan vanilla curd