Mushroom cream pasta is definitely one of my favorite pasta dishes. Quickly made in an aromatic cream sauce, this dishconvinces even the last vegancritic. Not only mushrooms are suitable for this dish, but any edible mushrooms you can get your hands on. Right now is mushroom season and a few chanterelles or other tasty mushrooms they also do very well in it. I wish you lots of fun with the re-cooking and even more with thefeasting.
Vegan pasta with mushrooms, simple and fast!
Mushrooms are a real superfood that also protects against cancer. At least that’s what an article in the magazine “natürlich heilen” says. Because a meta-analysis by Pennsylvania State University shows that daily consumption of mushrooms is associated with a lower rate of cancer. In this study, people who ate 18 grams of mushrooms a day had a 45% lower risk of developing cancer than people who did not eat mushrooms at all. No wonder because mushrooms are rich in nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants.
A substance called “ergothioneine” is of particular importance, as mushrooms are the best source of this powerful antioxidant. It is particularly interesting to see that shitake, oyster, maitake and king mushrooms contain even higher amounts of the substance. Cultivated mushrooms have lower levels of the protective amino acid. So it’s worth reaching for less common mushroom varieties once in a while.
Vegan dishes with mushrooms
The preparation of the pasta is very simple. First I cook the paste al dente and prepare the sauce in parallel. To do this, I heat a large pot or pan and add a little olive oil. To this is added the mushrooms, onion, flour and spices. Deglaze the whole thing with vegetable broth and vegetable cream. If you like, you can also add a small sip of white wine for a more intense flavor. In this case, I opted for a variant without alcohol. In any case, it did not harm the taste. After the sauce has been allowed to thicken a bit, I mix it with the pasta and immediately put everything on plates. All that’s missing now is some Vegan Parmesan, fresh parsley and our simple pasta dish is ready.
Simple vegan pasta dishes
If you feel like a different pasta variation today, I recommend the following recipes:
- Pasta with paprika nut sauce
- Instant Mac and Cheese
- Pasta with arugula pesto
- Pasta Alfredo with spinach and mushrooms
- Mac and Cheese
- Pasta al limone
- Crispy breaded eggplant with creamy pasta
- Mexican Style Pasta
- Pasta alla Norma
- High Protein Pasta
- Bolognese with kale and tofu
The mushroom cream pasta is:
- Quickly made
- Easy to manufacture
Let’s get started with this delicious vegan dish. I wish you a lot of fun in the recooking and look forward to a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Mushroom cream pasta (25 minutes)
- 300 g Pasta I use durum wheat pasta, gluten-free pasta if desired.
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 600 g Mushrooms cleaned and quartered, for small mushrooms halved
- 1 Piece red onion peeled and finely chopped
- 15 g Flour if gluten-free use corn starch
- 300 ml Vegetable broth
- 200 ml vegetable cream ¾ cup
- 1 tbspn Thyme dried
- ¼ Confederation parsley
- 1/8 tbspn Nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- THE PASTA prepare according to package instructions. Set aside.300 g Pasta
- Heat a large pot, pour in olive oil. Add mushrooms and sauté. Add the onion and continue to sauté until the onion is translucent and the mushrooms are slightly soft.30 ml Olive oil, 600 g Mushrooms, 1 Piece red onion
- Add flour and continue stirring15 g Flour
- Deglaze with vegetable stock, add cream, thyme, parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper and continue stirring.300 ml Vegetable broth, 200 ml vegetable cream ¾ cup, 1 tbspn Thyme, ¼ Confederation parsley, Salt to taste, Pepper to taste
- Season to taste and add seasoning if necessary.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add the pasta and stir.
- Divide among plates, finish with parsley and parmesan and enjoy!parsley, Vegan Parmesan cheese to taste
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 3 days, preferably heat in a steamer or in a pot with a little water.