Vegan pasta with creamy lemon sauce is a dish for every day, especially when you need it fast. If I don’t have a shooting day and I’m sitting in the office, then it can also be quick and easy for us at lunchtime. It’s for those days that I have these recipes in my drawer, ready to pull out at a moment’s notice as needed. Sour is fun, as we all know, and in this dreary weather I love the tartness combined with the creaminess of the cashews.
Vegan pasta with lemony creamy sauce, easy and fast!
This simple and quick vegandish consists of two components, the pasta, and the sauce. Anything goes when it comes to pasta selection and you have the choice of durum wheat pasta, or a gluten-free option. For gluten-free variations, pasta variations made from rice or other legumes are suitable. You can find gluten-free pasta in well-stocked grocery stores or online.
The creamy sauce consists of cashews, vegetable milk, salt, pepper, garlic, nutritional yeast flakes, miso paste, lemon juice and lemon zest. All of this goes together in the high-powered blender and is blended into a fine sauce. If your blender is not very powerful, then I recommend soaking the cashews. Click here to go directly toa tutorial.
TIP: When using lemon juice, be sure to dose carefully. For me, 3 tablespoons was just right, though it may vary from lemon to lemon. Ready-made lemon juice from a glass bottle often has a more intense acid taste than freshly squeezed juice. Simply start with a smaller amount and add more as desired.
Vegan pasta dishes for everyday life
When choosing cashews, I always pay attention to sustainable origin and can highly recommend the products of Rapunzel here. The company has been operating a cooperative with farmers for several years, ensuring that they are paid fairly and have job security. You can read more about it here. *unpaid brand mention
TIP: I always buy a large package of fair trade cashews and store them in a cool, dry place. Comparing prices is worthwhile in any case. Organic quality and fair pay for employees are particularly important to me personally.
Cashews, by the way, are full of healthy micronutrients, including vitamin B1, unsaturated fatty acids, vegetable protein, fiber, sodium, potassium, niacin and phosphorus.
Simple vegan pasta dishes
If you feel like a different pasta variation today, I recommend the following recipes:
- Crispy breaded eggplant with creamy pasta
- Mexican Style Pasta
- Pasta with paprika nut sauce
- Mac and Cheese
- Instant Mac and Cheese
- Pasta alla Norma
- High Protein Pasta
- Pasta with arugula pesto
- Pasta Alfredo with spinach and mushrooms
- Pasta with mushroom cream sauce
The pasta as limone is:
- Quickly made
- Easy to manufacture
Let’s get started with this delicious vegan dish. I wish you a lot of fun with the re-cooking and am happy about a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Pasta al limone (30 minutes)
- 300 g Pasta I use durum wheat pasta, gluten-free pasta if desired.
FOR THE SAUCE:
- THE PASTA prepare according to package instructions. Set aside.300 g Pasta
- FOR THE SAUCE Place cashews (optionally soaked), nutritional yeast flakes, garlic cloves, lemon juice, salt, pepper, vegetable milk, and (optionally) miso in a high-powered blender and blend to a creamy sauce. Set aside.50 g Cashews, 9 g Nutritional yeast flakes, 2 Piece Garlic cloves, 45 ml Lemon juice, Salt to taste, Pepper to taste, 250 ml Plant milk, 15 g Miso
- Pour the sauce into the pasta and stir vigorously until everything is well combined.
- Season to taste and add seasoning if necessary.
- Divide among plates, finish with parsley and parmesan and enjoy!parsley, Vegan Parmesan cheese to taste
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 3 days, preferably heat in a steamer or in a pot with a little water.